Alright, so here’s a compact version of what happened:
I procrastinated too long in March and never ended up posting February 2021 favorites because I then managed to eff up my right (dominant) wrist during a 40-some-odd-day yoga streak (a story for another post).
Since my hand is still healing, I present to you a very short combined February and March 2021 favorites!
For 2021’s spring playlist, I thought it would be fun to round up some of my favorite Contemporary Christian songs.
Some of the songs on this playlist are by artists who identify as believers in the Christian faith and/or grew up in a religious household. Other songs on this playlist are purely rooted in holiness based on my personal interpretation of them.
Since it is Holy Week and COVID-19 is still lingering, I’m unable to go to church for Palm Sunday, Good Friday, or Easter for the second year in a row, so I will be blasting this playlist all week!
I chose 13 songs to represent the 12 disciples plus Jesus. I hope this playlist is enjoyable for my fellow Christians and non-Christians alike.
1. Dark Matter (Hushed), Andrew Belle. Let’s get those demons in the form of black bears out of the way first.
2. Constellate, Fleurie. Shine in His light.
3. Holy Ground, Taylor Swift. This is where we stand.
4. Stranger Ways, Anberlin. “A little bit closer for finding the truth.”
5. Come Into This Light, From Indian Lakes. Feel His love.
6. Brand New Day, 21:03, J Moss. Keeping the faith everyday. Even during these unprecedented times.
7. I just need U. – Capital Kings Remix, TobyMac. Truly all you need in life to get by.
8. joy., for KING & COUNTRY. “Let it move you.”
9. Blessed, Hawksburn. A blessed dance party waiting to happen.
10. Be a King, Capital Kings. It only makes sense to treat yourself as royally as your Father treats you.
11. In And Out of Time – PHENOMENON Remix, Colton Dixon, Solomon Olds. What is time these days?
12. Balconies – Jorgen Odegard Remix, Paper Route. “Raise your arms and hold balconies of grace.”
13. Peace Song, Kye Kye. The tranquil end we long for.
Hope you have time to enjoy Holy Week with family!
In the event that you decide to have Valentine’s Day dinner in the safety of your home, I’ve made the perfect playlist to serve as the soundtrack to your lovely quarantine feast.
You can play it while you’re cooking, put it on repeat as you set the table for you and your Valentine, or snuggle up with some wine and crank up the volume while you wait for your food to be delivered.
Whatever the situation may be, enjoy this winter’s flavorful Valentine’s Day Wine & Dine Playlist!
1.Hunger, Rhye. Let’s work up an appetite.
2. Yummy, Justin Bieber. The lyrics speak for themselves.
3.Buy You A Drank (Shawty Snappin’), T-Pain ft. Yung Joc. Good thing you’re already home 😉
4.I Got the Juice, Janelle Monáe ft. Pharrell Williams. 🍋🍑🍒🍓
5. Wasabi, Little Mix. She’s “sweet and salty.”
6. Cake by the Ocean, DNCE. Keep on hoping and maybe it might happen 🤞🏽
7. Chocolate, Maluma. A lil bit of Latin sweetness.
8. Cherry, Lana del Rey. “My cherries and wine, rosemary and thyme…”
9. Moon Sugar, Night Beds. Sweet tooth.
10. Simple & Sweet, Jon Bellion. One final serenade.
Well, now that we’re back to having competent human beings running the US government, news will be boring on the politics side of things (just the way I like it). There is no shortage of exciting pop culture news to recap for the month of January, though, and all of my favorite shows are back on TV, so let’s get to it!
Here are my faves in pop culture and entertainment for the first month of 2021!
I really have no words to describe what went down at the US Capitol this past week but boy am I glad the election results are certified and we can move forward to Emperor Spray Tan being dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming Inauguration Day on January 20th.
On that note, let’s journey back to December 2020 for a lil’ bit for my faves in pop culture and entertainment.
Because 2020 couldn’t end without a reactivation of my nerve pain, I had to put off posting my combined October & November Favorites for a week and then I started slipping into a deep, dangerous bout of procrastination.
So here we are, on December 10th, looking back at the beginning of the last quarter. Cool.
Let’s get on with it.
Favorite News Articles
1. Mindy Kaling had another baby. HOW IS SHE STILL ABLE TO KEEP THE IDENTITY OF HER BABIES FATHER (FATHERS?!) A SECRET PLUS HAVING A WHOLE OTHER KID WITHOUT US KNOWING. HOW?!
Fall weather is finally upon us! In these stressful times, I find nothing more relaxing than inhaling my favorite scents, including lavender and cinnamon.
So, I thought it would be fun to create an autumn playlist inspired by some of the scents of fall. So brew your favorite flavor of coffee or tea and drop some essential oil in your diffuser while chilling to these tunes!
1. Lavender and Velvet, Alina Baraz. To be honest, if Alina Baraz’s voice were a scent, I’d bathe in it.
2. Tea & Poetry, Hello Harry, Thomas Garcia. Autumn is the best time for sipping tea and writing poetry while wrapped up in a cozy blanket.
3. Coffee, Sylvan Esso. “Get up, get down,” and smell the warm coffee.
4. Mint, Qveen Herby. Money mint? Peppermint? I’ll take both, please and thank you.
5. Cinnamon, Hayley Williams. Some spooky vocals from out fave Paramore gal.