I really have no words to describe what went down at the US Capitol this past week but boy am I glad the election results are certified and we can move forward to Emperor Spray Tan being dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming Inauguration Day on January 20th.
On that note, let’s journey back to December 2020 for a lil’ bit for my faves in pop culture and entertainment.
Fall weather is finally upon us! In these stressful times, I find nothing more relaxing than inhaling my favorite scents, including lavender and cinnamon.
So, I thought it would be fun to create an autumn playlist inspired by some of the scents of fall. So brew your favorite flavor of coffee or tea and drop some essential oil in your diffuser while chilling to these tunes!
1. Lavender and Velvet, Alina Baraz. To be honest, if Alina Baraz’s voice were a scent, I’d bathe in it.
2. Tea & Poetry, Hello Harry, Thomas Garcia. Autumn is the best time for sipping tea and writing poetry while wrapped up in a cozy blanket.
3. Coffee, Sylvan Esso. “Get up, get down,” and smell the warm coffee.
4. Mint, Qveen Herby. Money mint? Peppermint? I’ll take both, please and thank you.
5. Cinnamon, Hayley Williams. Some spooky vocals from out fave Paramore gal.
Now that all the red, white, and blue is over for a little while, I thought it would be nice to throw a dash of yellow into the mix this summer to mellow out all the craziness going on around us.
Partially inspired by Washed Out’s Mr. Mellow (but more so by my love for the color yellow), I present to you 15 songs to help you continue calmly grooving through whatever comes your way during summer 2020:
1. Hard to Say Goodbye, Washed Out. Well, looks like you won’t have to, because we’re just getting started 😜
2. Yellow Flowers, Goldroom feat. Mereki. Say hello to all the sunflowers and daffodils and black-eyed Susans.
3. Bittersweet, Yellow Claw, Sofia Reyes. Satisfying in more ways than one.
4. Sunlight, Bag Raiders. It’s true. Don’t let anybody tell you differently.
5. Adore You, Harry Styles. NBD, just walking through active flames for an adorable person.
6. Waves (Tame Impala Remix), Miguel. Just ride it.
7. Rico, Wild Front. “Drive all night.”
8. The Other Side, Native Spirit. Let you heart sail through this beat.
9. Genius, LSD. Only a mellowed out genius could do such a thing.
10. Freestyle, Electric Guest. Taking it as it comes.
11. Amarillo, J Balvin. A mellow heart-thumper to pass the time.
12. Cala Banana, Satin Jackets. Chiquita is callin.’
13. Paradisco, Les Loupes. Put on your finest sheer blouse and let the summer breeze embrace you.
14. Night Time TV, Fenec Soler. When it’s midnight and you’re feeling in no way ready for bed.
15. Taste (Moon Boots Remix), Rhye. Play it one. more. time.
No doubt, my new life as a noob gamer has been a welcome distraction from the thing that shall not be named during this post. Let’s have some fun looking back at some other things in pop culture and entertainment that kept my mine off of said thing: