Paramore is back with some new music this week!
Their new song and music video “Hard Times” was released on Wednesdays, and Paramore fans are super stoked. So many things have changed about the band since their self-titled album came out in 2013. Hayley Williams got married, she died her hair blonde (loving it!), Zac Farro left for his solo project HalfNoise, and now he’s back!
So much excitement going on here!
In honor of this, enjoy a piece of Paramore fan art I found on Deviant Art by KoRniszonka. It features a 2012 version of the band, which included Hayley, Jeremy, and Taylor.
Oh, how times have changed.
Be sure to check out the original fan art on Deviant Art and watch “Hard Times” below!
The amount of boho and vintage fashion at Coachella 2017 in Indio, California was simply outstanding!
Slumdog Millionaire‘s Freida Pinto caught my eye in a well put together boho chic ensemble while visiting the H&M tent at the music festival this year.
She wore a green khaki tie front wide-leg pant with an off-the-shoulder crop top and a black fedora. It’s the perfect outfit for a festival, as the weather changes throughout the day, leaving you feeling not too hot and not too cold all at once.
My fave part of the outfit is the fedora. I have a small collection of fedoras myself, and I wouldn’t mind adding one like Freida’s to it.
See below for similar items to copy the look!
1. Neiman Marcus, $575.00
2. Shopbop, $90.30
3. Gap, $59.95
4. Matches Fashion, $398.00
5. IFCHIC, $195.00
6. Farfetch, $167.00
Is it Wednesday already?
Seems like everyone showed up at the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards dressed to impress, especially former American Idol contestant Lauren Alaina.
I haven’t really kept up with her music lately, but it was a pleasant surprise seeing her in that gorgeous slate blue gown on the pink carpet! I think it’s the perfect color for bridesmaids dresses, since slate blue is easy on the eyes with its powdery vibes.
See below for two similar dresses.
1. Nordstrom, $84.00
2. French Novelty, $178.99
March was some real drama this year, man.
February 2017 might have been intense, but March is definitely taking the crown for Drama Queen so far. Everything just went bonkers for unnecessary reasons, specifically in news, TV and YouTube. The music world churned out some spectacular tunes in time for spring, and the remixes that were released this month were on fire!
Here are my overly dramatic favorites for March 2017:
Favorite News Articles
1. Meme makeup is now a thing. Halloween 2017, here we come!
2. This professors’s live CNN video conference was interrupted by his kids running into the room. This is what happens when you work from home.
3. Casey Affleck’s laundry load. How did he even find clothes to put on to go outside with such a huge laundry bag?!
4. Mindy and Cory Booker flirt it up on Twitter. Your classic “girl makes fun of boy because she likes him” scheme.
5. Apparently Trump can’t eat Russian salad dressing without causing a stir. Do no evil, eat no evil.
1. Inverno Mix 2017 by Goldroom. Lot’s of goodies on this mix. The level of chill on this one really hits the spot.
2. “Chained to the Rhythm (Hot Chip Remix)” by Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley. As if the original wasn’t already amazing, Hot Chip went and made the chains tighter.
Today I was at work casually listening to the New Music Friday playlist on Spotify when I heard a familiar voice come through my headphones.
The song was “Lost Boys Life” and the artist was Computer Games–a band didn’t know until I Googled them and found out that Darren Criss is one of the members, alongside his brother, Chuck.
Yes. The familiar voice was Darren Criss’. I’m still dumbfounded. I didn’t even know he had a brother!
Anyway, I love the song and the rest of the EP that Computer Games put out this week. In celebration of this discovery, here’s a piece of fan art I found on Pinterest of Darren Criss. I have no clue who created it, but I’m totally digging the sepia feel of it.
Listen to the EP here if you haven’t already!
Is it just me, or was February kind of intense?
If anything, I think February 2017 takes the cake as the month where every TV show plot line spun out of control. I thought we were supposed to be saving the whole coming “in like a lion and out like a lamb” thing until March …
Anyway, here are my faves in pop culture and entertainment for February 2017.
Favorite News Articles
1. The Voice drama. I bet Gwen will actually end up sleeping on the couch at some point this season.
2. There’s an orangutan at a Danish zoo choosing a mate from an iPad. Safe to say online dating isn’t limited to homo sapiens anymore …
1. “Heavy” by Powers. Those instrumental bits in the chorus are making me beg for summer.
I know I said I’d be back yesterday. I had every intention of posting but I got home from work very late and very tired.
But I’m here now with a new Fan Art Fridays!
Ed Sheeran’s new album ÷ is finally out and boy, did our Teddy outdo himself with the diversity aspect on the deluxe edition for this one!
From fast paced raps and dancable rhythms to slow ballads and foreign languages, Ed Sheeran’s album is a real treat that’ll probably get him a ton of new faces in the crowd on tour. I personally fell in love Twi song “Bibia Be Ye Ye.”
While snooping around Instagram, I came across this really creative fan art of Ed Sheeran by sarahasartist. Drawn on brown paper, the chorus of “Thinking Out Loud” dances across his slight grin. It’s the perfect transition from x to ÷.
Check out sarahasartist’s work over on Instagram.