So I’ve been hella busy, stressed out, and in pain over the last few weeks. Therefore, I decided to take a little break from blogging. We’ll now resume the regularly scheduled end-of-year programming on the blog. Oh, yes, I know, there was no November Favorites this month so I’ll be posting a combined November & December Favorites during the first week of January 2019.
If you recall two winters ago, I made a fun playlist of songs named after people. Shortly after posting it, I remembered so many other songs that would have made a great addition to the playlist. I kept adding to the list for the last two years (which has become quite lenghty so prepare for a part three soon), and here are the ones I picked for the Winter 2018 Calling Your Name Playlist pt. 2!
1. Sarah, Rüfüs du Sol. For a dramatic winter evening in front of the fireplace with snow making dew on the windows.
2. Stumbling Mary, Exale & TEGA. Watch out there—we don’t need anyone stumbling around in the snow.
3. Elliot, Roosevelt. ”Elliot, Elliot, look out.”
4. Lafayette, BIBLES. A tune for the rare occasion when you get a chance to go outside before sundown to see the clear skies.
5. Pamela, Brain Tan. When you find yourself whispering in the middle of the night…
6. Ophelia, Monakr. Relax, and just let the rhythym take you.
7. June, THE WLDLFE. “I’ll be your Johnny if you’ll be my June.”
8. Carolina, Harry Styles. Time to break out the guitar and spend some time learning how to play this one all winter.
9. Silvia, Miike Snow. “I don’t know Silvia.”
10. Ashley, Lido & Santell. A smooth R&B vibe to keep you warm this winter.
11. Eddie (Oliver Nelson Remix), EVERYWHERE. Soaking up the winter sun with this one.
12. Anthonio (Berlin Breakdown Version Remastered), Annie. For the moments when winter feels like it’s moving in slow motion.