Now that all the red, white, and blue is over for a little while, I thought it would be nice to throw a dash of yellow into the mix this summer to mellow out all the craziness going on around us.
Partially inspired by Washed Out’s Mr. Mellow (but more so by my love for the color yellow), I present to you 15 songs to help you continue calmly grooving through whatever comes your way during summer 2020:
1. Hard to Say Goodbye, Washed Out. Well, looks like you won’t have to, because we’re just getting started 😜
2. Yellow Flowers, Goldroom feat. Mereki. Say hello to all the sunflowers and daffodils and black-eyed Susans.
3. Bittersweet, Yellow Claw, Sofia Reyes. Satisfying in more ways than one.
4. Sunlight, Bag Raiders. It’s true. Don’t let anybody tell you differently.
5. Adore You, Harry Styles. NBD, just walking through active flames for an adorable person.
6. Waves (Tame Impala Remix), Miguel. Just ride it.
7. Rico, Wild Front. “Drive all night.”
8. The Other Side, Native Spirit. Let you heart sail through this beat.
9. Genius, LSD. Only a mellowed out genius could do such a thing.
10. Freestyle, Electric Guest. Taking it as it comes.
11. Amarillo, J Balvin. A mellow heart-thumper to pass the time.
12. Cala Banana, Satin Jackets. Chiquita is callin.’
13. Paradisco, Les Loupes. Put on your finest sheer blouse and let the summer breeze embrace you.
14. Night Time TV, Fenec Soler. When it’s midnight and you’re feeling in no way ready for bed.
15. Taste (Moon Boots Remix), Rhye. Play it one. more. time.
Stay safe, stay mellow.