I can’t say 2017 ended too badly. Really, it could have been worse.
We had a couple of celebrity births during December 2017 and some amazing royal photo shoots to round out the year. I can’t complain.
Here are my favorites in pop culture and entertainment for the month of December:
Favorite News Articles
1. Dylan Sprouse is opening a bar in Brooklyn. Woo! Rounding up my friends for a girls night!
2. Mindy Kaling gave birth to her daughter Katherine! I cannot wait to see pics (and possibly find out who the father is).
3. TIME Magazine’s 2017 Person of the Year: The Silence Breakers. I love the symbolism in this cover with the woman who wanted to remain anonymous. Even before everyone found out why it was just her arm in the photo I knew she represented the ones who still can’t speak out.
4. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are the cutest little royals on earth. I just wanna pinch their little cheeks!
5. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s engagement portraits. I am so hype because they’re getting married on the day before my birthday! BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER!
6. The Library of Congress is actually archiving all tweets from 2010 onward. This must be hella daunting.
1. “Opera” by BLOWSOM. Can he release a full length album and come to NYC in 2018? Thanks.
Mindy Kaling turned 37 today. Gosh, I hope I look as good as her when I’m that age!
In honor of her birthday, I’ve decided to feature this watercolor created by Liana Kangas Neff, inspired by a line from The Mindy Project where Mindy says, “I eat cereal out of wine glasses.”
I kind of want to buy this now.
You can get it for yourself over on Etsy, and be sure to check out the rest of Liana Kangas Neff’s art here.
Mindy and Danny are over, and as sad as it is, at least we get to see some date night fashion on The Mindy Project season 4B.
In last week’s episode “2 Fast 2 Serious,” Mindy is looks dazzling in an embellished green dress with a silver quilted clutch bag. As she walks back to her apartment with her date, she’s seen wearing a tweed multi-color jacket.
I really love the embellishments on the dress, especially since they’re silver because I love wearing silver jewelry to match my evening wear. I’m also very intrigued by her choice of jacket since it’s not the normal one-color wool that you’d expect to see someone wear with a dress like this.
Below is the original dress Mindy wore in the episode (marked with *). There aren’t many sizes still in stock, so I’ve also listed an alternative along with some similar clutch bags and jackets to complete the look.
1. L.K. Bennett, $367.50 *
2. Lord and Taylor, $106.59
3. Lakeland Leather, £69.99 ($101.75 USD)
4. Bag to Brag, $61.27
5. Norm Thompson, $129.00
6. Talbots, $179.99
Yes, it is April Fool’s Day. No, this is not a joke. These are actually my March favorites.
Favorite News Articles
1. Mindy Kaling gives women advice in a Buzzfeed interview. You know it’s serious when an interview transcript contains the following: “I can’t get into a lawsuit today. I want to leave BuzzFeed without getting into a lawsuit.”
2. Betty White regrets not having more time with late husband Allen Ludden. Betty, you loved him. There’s no need for regrets here, babe. ❤
3. This 100-year-old belly dancer. I’ll be happy if I can even attempt to Zumba at 100.
4. Internet Explorer is GONE. And the tech world rejoices.
5. Paolo Ballesteros’ celeb transformations. So cool. Definitely a must follow makeup artist on Instagram.
6. Hillary Clinton emojis. But why?
1. “Woodstock” by Jon Bellion. Thank you, Coachella Sleeping Beauty.
2. “Blue” by Marina and the Diamonds. “I just want to be held when I’m scared.”
3. “Buffalo” by Toro y Moi. I’m not sure what to expect from What For? but I’m gonna keep an open mind, because I love the vintage feel of this track.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. The most dapper dog on St. Patrick’s Day. As seen on Matthew Koma’s Instagram.
2. Alexandra Stan begs Japan to dance. Did she unlock the moves?
3. Ellie Goulding’s new hair style. Super. Gorgeous.
4. Smooches. Featuring SprinkleofGlitter and Zoella.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Castle, “Habeas Corpse.” So many puns, so many dance numbers. Loved it!
2. The Mindy Project, “Best Man.” FOX, please, please let us see what happens on the other side of that door!
3. Pretty Little Liars, “Welcome to the Dollhouse.” Season six is really going to be something.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. iiSuperwomanii is Lana Steele. And she’s one hell of a femme fatale.
2. An Oli White scare compilation. Play this one until midnight on April Fool’s.
3. I’m actually kind of upset that I like this so much.
April, bring us a shower.
If you know me well enough, you’ll know that the only reason I watch the Super Bowl is for the commercials. And halftime.
Halftime with Katy Perry, Lenny Kravitz, and Missy Elliot was spectacular. The commercials? Well, they didn’t really live up to my expectations this year.
There were a few, though, that I really enjoyed. Here are my top 5 favorite commercials that aired during Super Bowl XLIX:
1. T-Mobile. This commercial was really hyped up in the days leading to Super Bowl Sunday, and Kim Kardashian definitely delivered.
2. Nationwide. Mindy Kaling. Matt Damon. They had me hook, line and sinker.
3. Esurance. The extended version of this commercial is “kind of like” everything right now. I’m not even a Breaking Bad fan and I loved it!
4. Loctite. Can we have a tutorial for this choreography please?
5. Fiat. Oh. My. Gosh. This was the best of all the Super Bowl 2015 commercials. Freaking brilliant, that little blue pill!
I really hope they play more of these 5 and less of the not so good commercials over the next few weeks.