Because 2020 couldn’t end without a reactivation of my nerve pain, I had to put off posting my combined October & November Favorites for a week and then I started slipping into a deep, dangerous bout of procrastination.
So here we are, on December 10th, looking back at the beginning of the last quarter. Cool.
Let’s get on with it.
Favorite News Articles
1. Mindy Kaling had another baby. HOW IS SHE STILL ABLE TO KEEP THE IDENTITY OF HER BABIES FATHER (FATHERS?!) A SECRET PLUS HAVING A WHOLE OTHER KID WITHOUT US KNOWING. HOW?!
2. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton are engaged! Hoping he treats her well (we’re watching you, Blake 👀).
3. Harry Styles hung out at a fan’s house while she wasn’t home after his car broke down. I’d be so pissed if one of my fave musicians dropped by while I wasn’t there 😫
4. Assemblywoman Shirley Weber’s reparations bill in California. Gotta start somewhere. #BLM.
1. Saguaro Mix (Sunsets #5) by Goldroom. Such happy vibes for these trying times.
2. “Edge of Midnight (Midnight Sky Remix)” by Miley Cyrus and Stevie Knicks. Loving this mashup remix!
3. “Who is She” by Qveen Herby. I think I missed my window to make the shoe kick TikTok vid with this song and I’m sadness.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. “Not the bangs!!!,” said Courteney Cox. But the bayanggg said BYEEEE.
2. Nathalie Kelly in fall harvest mode. Always a stunner.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Black-ish, “Election Special, Part 2”. Of course Dre would try to run for office 🙃
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Doja Cat took us for a wild ride with her Evanescense-esque version of “Say So” at the MTV Europe Music Awards. Truly wouldn’t have it any other way.
2. MARINA’s “Man’s World” music video. Wheew chile, me neither!
3. Simply Nailogical reorganized her nail polish. AGAIN. And I’m living for the chaotic Rimmel-London + Tame Impapa “Is It True” energy that ensues with her, Ben, and Jen.
4. Alyssa got a Tesla! And then had a mukbank on autopilot while Trey told that insane Sweeny-Todd-like barbershop tale at 6:40.
Winter is coming.