March was some real drama this year, man.
February 2017 might have been intense, but March is definitely taking the crown for Drama Queen so far. Everything just went bonkers for unnecessary reasons, specifically in news, TV and YouTube. The music world churned out some spectacular tunes in time for spring, and the remixes that were released this month were on fire!
Here are my overly dramatic favorites for March 2017:
Favorite News Articles
1. Meme makeup is now a thing. Halloween 2017, here we come!
2. This professors’s live CNN video conference was interrupted by his kids running into the room. This is what happens when you work from home.
3. Casey Affleck’s laundry load. How did he even find clothes to put on to go outside with such a huge laundry bag?!
4. Mindy and Cory Booker flirt it up on Twitter. Your classic “girl makes fun of boy because she likes him” scheme.
5. Apparently Trump can’t eat Russian salad dressing without causing a stir. Do no evil, eat no evil.
1. Inverno Mix 2017 by Goldroom. Lot’s of goodies on this mix. The level of chill on this one really hits the spot.
2. “Chained to the Rhythm (Hot Chip Remix)” by Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley. As if the original wasn’t already amazing, Hot Chip went and made the chains tighter.
One of my new favorite YouTubers, Liza Koshy, is finally legal today!
I discovered her a few weeks ago after watching Boo! A Madea Halloween. She played Aday Walker in the film, and her performance was so amazing I had to look her up online. I’ve been hooked on her videos ever since!
To celebrate Liza today, I’m featuring this really cool outline I found on Instagram by tweensoutlines. It was created using Liza’s current YouTube icon. If you’d like her to make one of you, head over to instagram.com/tweensoutlines for instructions in the bio!
Show Liza some 21st birthday love over on her YouTube channel. I guarantee you’ll have a good laugh while checking out her videos.
Today our favorite grumpy nerd from The Big Bang Theory turned 44!
Jim Parsons is quite a character, both in and off screen. You’ve gotta love it when an actor’s personality shines through his work.
On honor of his birthday, I’ve decided to feature some fan art I found of the actor by rgbcn over on Instagram. The black and white sketch captures Jim Parsons’ pursed lips perfectly.
Happy Birthday, Jim Parsons! Check out more fan art by rgbcn at www.instagram.com/rgbcn.
Is it just me, or was February kind of intense?
If anything, I think February 2017 takes the cake as the month where every TV show plot line spun out of control. I thought we were supposed to be saving the whole coming “in like a lion and out like a lamb” thing until March …
Anyway, here are my faves in pop culture and entertainment for February 2017.
Favorite News Articles
1. The Voice drama. I bet Gwen will actually end up sleeping on the couch at some point this season.
2. There’s an orangutan at a Danish zoo choosing a mate from an iPad. Safe to say online dating isn’t limited to homo sapiens anymore …
1. “Heavy” by Powers. Those instrumental bits in the chorus are making me beg for summer.
I know I said I’d be back yesterday. I had every intention of posting but I got home from work very late and very tired.
But I’m here now with a new Fan Art Fridays!
Ed Sheeran’s new album ÷ is finally out and boy, did our Teddy outdo himself with the diversity aspect on the deluxe edition for this one!
From fast paced raps and dancable rhythms to slow ballads and foreign languages, Ed Sheeran’s album is a real treat that’ll probably get him a ton of new faces in the crowd on tour. I personally fell in love Twi song “Bibia Be Ye Ye.”
While snooping around Instagram, I came across this really creative fan art of Ed Sheeran by sarahasartist. Drawn on brown paper, the chorus of “Thinking Out Loud” dances across his slight grin. It’s the perfect transition from x to ÷.
Check out sarahasartist’s work over on Instagram.
I would have posted this yesterday, but The Whisper Box was celebrating its 4th birthday by taking a little break from the keyboard.
I have mixed emotions about January 2017. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I already knew it was coming.
As I always say, when things are looking bleak, there’s always pop culture to cheer you up. Enjoy my faves for the month of January!
Favorite News Articles
1. There are squirrels stealing candy from a convenience store in Toronto. Call the squirrel police.
2. The wire nails trend is brilliant. Forget nail sticker decorations. I’m gonna need some wire accents on my fingers STAT.
3. Matt Lauer’s choker. What a sneaky one, wearing hidden jewelry for years! Tsk, tsk!
1. “Michigan” by Grammar. Those lazy whispery vocals get me every time.
2. “Drink Up” by Train. This is definitely going to be one of 2017’s hit party songs.
Just a little over 48 hours from now, Lady Gaga will take the stage at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas for the Super Bowl LI halftime show.
Lady Gaga revved up her Little Monsters with some saucy dance moves and a face mask over on Instagram yesterday.
I’m really hoping her tracklist doesn’t only include songs from Joanne, because I want to relive my high school days with some of her hits from The Fame and Born This Way.
In anticipation of Lady Gaga’s halftime show performance, I’ve decided to feature this amazing watercolor painting by Russian artist Evgenie. Inspired by the album cover for Joanne, this fan art reminds me of Francesco Primaticcio’s Double Head.
View the original fan art here.