I can’t say 2017 ended too badly. Really, it could have been worse.
We had a couple of celebrity births during December 2017 and some amazing royal photo shoots to round out the year. I can’t complain.
Here are my favorites in pop culture and entertainment for the month of December:
Favorite News Articles
1. Dylan Sprouse is opening a bar in Brooklyn. Woo! Rounding up my friends for a girls night!
2. Mindy Kaling gave birth to her daughter Katherine! I cannot wait to see pics (and possibly find out who the father is).
3. TIME Magazine’s 2017 Person of the Year: The Silence Breakers. I love the symbolism in this cover with the woman who wanted to remain anonymous. Even before everyone found out why it was just her arm in the photo I knew she represented the ones who still can’t speak out.
4. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are the cutest little royals on earth. I just wanna pinch their little cheeks!
5. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s engagement portraits. I am so hype because they’re getting married on the day before my birthday! BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER!
6. The Library of Congress is actually archiving all tweets from 2010 onward. This must be hella daunting.
1. “Opera” by BLOWSOM. Can he release a full length album and come to NYC in 2018? Thanks.
2. “Doll” by Brett. This one crept up on me. I didn’t think I would like it but the song slowly grew on me.
3. “Scary Love” by The Neighbourhood. Digging the scary, deep synth vibes from these guys.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Daryl Sabara proposed to Meghan Trainor! Super freaking romantic. I’m so happy for them!
I SAID YESSSS!!!! For my 24th birthday, the love of my life @darylsabara made all of my dreams come true. He proposed to me under a tunnel of beautiful Christmas lights and surprised me with my family and friends. I’m still in shock. I’ve never been this happy! Thank you Daryl, my family and friends for making me feel like a real princess 👸🏼💍😭💗 and thank you @ryan.trainor for this amazing video that I’m gonna watch over and over again ❤️
3. Rihanna being “sick AF”. Could have fooled me in that dress.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Dynasty, “The Best Things in Life.” I love how Fallon basically saved the public library system by enlisting Carrington Atlantic to keep their lights in. Classic.
2. The Good Doctor, “Sacrifice.” HOW COULD THEY FIRE KALU? I SWEAR IF THEY DON’T FIRE THAT A**HAT DOCTOR THAT WAS BOTHERING CLAIR I WILL LOSE IT!
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. SNL Visit with Santa Cold Open. These kids know too much!
2. Marzia and Pewdiepie play dress up with Maya and Edgar. They’re like, the cutest dogs ever.
3. “Georgie” by POWERS visualizer. My heart goes out to Christa Ru and I hope she recovers ❤
4. The music video for “Bright Side” by Darius is so mesmerizing. I’ve been tempted to sit around all day staring at these beautiful stars on repeat but I have too much work to do 😥
Here’s to 2018!