Yes, I know the November favorites are late, and I could give you a million and one reasons as to why, but how about we just stick to “better late than never”?
November’s pop culture news left me feeling extremely grateful for the humorous side of news, because boy there were some pretty awful hard news reports throughout the month.
Pop culture: restoring faith in humanity (sometimes).
So let’s get to it:
Favorite News Articles
1. Sean O’Pry interview with Elle. After the “Blank Space” music video was released I just couldn’t get enough, man. (Side note: does anyone else notice his resemblance to Max Greenfield?!)
2. Series of Unfortunate Events is coming to Netflix as an original series! My childhood has come back to bring me long hours of binge-watching joy.
3. The unfolding of Lorde v. Diplo. Don’t mess with Taylor Swift, or her friends will come after you. “They used to shout [her] name, now they whisper it…”
4. Jennifer Lawrence’s garlic breath during Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 kissing scenes with Liam Hemsworth. After seeing the results on the big screen, I realize this was a fantastic idea (bravo Jennifer).
5. A man at a soccer game wipes his nose snot on a woman’s head. And someone just happened to catch it on Vine. #SchadenfreudeForDays
1. “Sadness Disease – Rise at Night Remix” by Urban Cone. Love the original more, but this remix is very well done.
2. “The Heart Wants What It Wants” by Selena Gomez. So much emotion in less than a four minute time frame.
3. “Medicine” by 1975. I don’t know what it is about this song, but the melancholy is so bittersweet and tear inducing that it makes me happy… Is that weird?
4. “Why” by Le Sins ft. Nate Salman. I had my doubts about this project by Toro y Moi, but this song completely changed my opinion of Michael.
5. “Teacher” by Nick Jonas. Love. It. The lyric video is also brilliant!
6. “Together” by Calvin Harris ft. Gwen Stefani. This made me super excited to hear whatever else Gwen Stefani is working on in the near future.
7. “Kiss Me Goodbye” by Alexandra Stan. This girl is a rare European electro-pop gem. If this song is about a real event…jeez. Let me just leave it at that.
8. “Shoot Me Down” by David Guetta ft. Skylar Grey. I feel like I’ve been deprived of a voice like Skylar’s for too long. Where have they been hiding you!
9. “Isabel Street” by Robert DeLong. This guy seems to like writing lyrics that will get him in trouble. Me likey.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Mike Falzone and the Gentlemen’s Ballet. Reasons you can’t take Mike Falzone seriously.
2. Nick Jonas booty. Watch out Kim K…
3. Gordon Ramsay likes to play with his vegetables. I think the kids on his show have really turned him into a much more approachable kind of guy.
4. Lucy Hale’s puppy! Can I dog sit for you one day, Lucy?
5. Mike Tompkins and his green umbrella magic. The male Mary Poppins?
6. Joey Graceffa got a pup named Wolf. He’s so precious with his one blue eye!
7. A Mindy Project Kodak moment. Sometimes I have to stop myself for a second and realize that The Mindy Project is fictional, and that Danny Castellano is actually Chris Messina who is married to someone that is not Mindy.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Castle “Child’s Play.” Beckett’s got some competition…
2. The Mindy Project “Caramel Princess Time.” The 80s hair. THE 80s HAIR.
3. New Girl “Teachers.” Ryan Geauxinue (Julian Morris). Enough said. I hope they don’t cut him off the show too soon!
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. SNL’s Swiftamine. Let’s say this was actually a product in stores. Does Taylor Swift get a percentage of the profits or…?
2. Frozen is real?! Props to this guy for getting on Jimmy Kimmel!
3. Rhett and Link attempt to become members of the Blue Man Group. I could not stop laughing at Link’s Lionel Richie shirt!
4. Marcus Butler and Niomi Smart superlatives. I’m with you on the spider precaution technique, Niomi!
5. PJ teaches us how to cut a pineapple. And how to decorate your abode with the remains.
November is gone and the year is almost over. Where did it go…