Before you begin reading this post, please ensure that you have done at least one of the following:
Signed a petition regarding justice for George Floyd & Breonna Taylor
Donated to a charity supporting Black Lives Matter
Safely participated in a protest (only if you are healthy enough to be outdoors)
Supported a BIPOC-owned business
If not, please do not come back to this blog until you have completed one of the aforementioned things.
The world better not experience a week like the last week of May 2020 ever again.
Despite all the ways May went wrong, I was still able to find some amazing things last month that’ll put a smile on your face, if only for a few moments.
Let’s get to it:
Favorite News Articles
1. Post Malone is launching a brand of rosé. I feel like I’m the only person who is super hype about this!
2. Hamilton the musical will stream on Disney+ in July! CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
3. The law wouldn’t let Baby Musk keep his name. But not even an intervention from the state could change it enough.
1. “Passion” by RAC feat. Louis the Child. “We’re pieces of the universe…”
Needless to say, the Scandal/How to Get Away With Murder crossover episodes were freaking stellar last week during TGIT. In addition to the plot, the Scandal half of the crossover, “Allow me to Reintroduce Myself,” featured some great winter fashion from Annalise (Viola Davis).
At the end of the episode, Annalise is walking down the courthouse steps with Olivia Pope wearing this gorgeous yellow wool trench coat. She paired the coat with a dark brown designer handbag, as the women of Shondaland usually do.
This is my favorite shade of yellow so I basically went nuts when I saw Annalise in this coat!
See below for some items inspired by the look.
1. ShopBop, $350.00
2. Banana Republic, $97.99
3. Neiman Marcus, $1,595.00
4. Neiman Marcus, $995.00
November 2017 was an emotional roller coaster. I went from dancing around my room to the month’s most danceable tunes to nearly bawling my eyes out over season finales. It’s no wonder that it took me this long to sit down and gather all my favorites in pop culture in entertainment for this post.
Let’s get to it:
Favorite News Articles
1. The deets on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding. Don’t mind me, I’ll just be here waiting for the specific date in May 2018 so I can set an alarm to catch this on television from across the pond.
2. Moschino’s dry cleaning bag dress. I can already see the Halloween costumes that will come of this.
3. You can now hide away in an 8-foot scarf this winter. You know you’re a New Yorker when all you can think about is how difficult it would be to take this off on a packed and extremely warm train.
4. Cards Against Humanity Saves America. Literally. Have fun trying to build that wall, President Trump.
1. “Pyor” by Darius. BRB, letting the enchanting instrumentals of this track keep me sane until the end of 2017.
2. “Mirage” by Satin Jackets. I’m dying to know who is singing the vocals on this because I really want to delve into their solo work if they have any!
Continuing on with Hispanic celebs for National Hispanic Heritage Month, I decided to feature Mexican-American actress Karla Souza as Laurel Castillo on ABC’s How to Get Away with Murder for this week’s Fan Art Fridays.
Season 4 of the series premiered on Thursday night, and I’m not sure I’m going to be able to get though this season without having a series of small heart attacks.
Found on Tumblr, this piece of fan art by Laura Nickelle (Crowns of Reinvention) features a quote from the 8th episode of season 2, titled “Hi, I’m Philip” where Laurel is accused of being an entitled “MAP” (Mexican-American Princess).
“So I’m a princess just because I dared to disagree with you?” she snaps back, which is written on the fan art edit in clouds of gray and pink splatter.
Do you have a favorite Laurel Castillo quote? Let me know in the comments!
See the original fan art here.
Annalise doesn’t hate you, Laurel, but she might be hatin’ on your style…
On last week’s episode of How To Get Away With Murder titled “She Hates Us,” Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza) mixed business casual with biker chic in a gray sweater dress and black leather jacket.
The sweater dress has a really cute button down front that’s lined with black fabric, adding an extra dimension to the garment.
I couldn’t find any of the original items Laurel wore in the episode but I did manage to find two similar dresses and faux leather jackets to help you pull off this look.
1. TB Dress, $17.47
2. Modish, $51.00
3. G by GUESS, $79.99
4. BlueFly, $35.40
Don’t forget to catch HTGAWM Thursdays at 10/9c on ABC!