The last two months of 2019 were a complete whirlwind. Just looking over my list to write this post is giving me all the feels!
Let’s get right to it. Enjoy my November and December 2019 favorites:
Favorite News Articles
1. Trump’s impeachment.
2. Greta Thunberg is TIME’s 2019 Person of the Year.
3. Florida dog driving in reverse.
1. “Confetti” by Qveen Herby is making me “swing my hips” every time I listen.
2. “Thinkin Bout’ You” by Anthony Russo is basically the most adorable love song.
3. “Look At Her Now” by Selena Gomez will bring tears to your eyes in a good (and groovy) way.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
Favorite TV Shows
1. Bob’s Burgers, “Now We’re Not Cooking with Gas” is essentially Bob at his craziest.
2. Mixed-ish, “Weird Science” made me so proud of young Bow.
3. Black-ish, “Daughters for Dummies” features Dre doing too much, as usual.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Kevin Droniak tells an interesting tale of travel gone almost completely wrong.
2. Paul Rudd as President Macron and Kate McKinnon as Angela Merkel are priceless in this SNL sketch!
3. Luna Shadows’ music video for “practice” is everything.
January 2020 is already nuts.
I’ve been participating in several holiday activities (parties, decorating, etc.) this week, so I figured I’d take some down time on this snowy Friday night to catch the Christmas episode of Bob’s Burgers.
Titled “The Bleakening: Parts 1 & 2,” the episode has no shortage of funny one-liners from Gene Belcher and crazy ideas from Linda.
The latter is basically the premise of the episode. I mean, I’m halfway through the episode and I’m still trying to figure out in what world it’s okay to mutilate a Christmas tree. I’m sure that automatically qualifies you for bad holiday ju-ju, Linda!
This Friday we’re celebrating Linda’s quirky personality with some fan art I found of the character on Jamie Owen‘s Etsy store, Digiarttree. It features a drawing of a happy Linda over what looks like a page from a dictionary with the caption “I’ve only had half of four bottles of wine,” taken from another holiday episode “An Indecent Thanksgiving Proposal”.
If you’ve got a Linda fan in your life, this fan art would make a great Christmas gift. Digiarttree also has fan art of Gene, Tina, Louise, and Bob!
View the original fan art here.
I’ve been saving this one for Halloween.
Last month, I visited the Bob’s Burgers exhibit at Spoke Art NYC. It was too cool.
My favorite character from the show is Tina Belcher, so of course all of the art featuring her caught my eye.
I especially loved this one called “Erotic Zombie Friend Fiction” by Stephen Andrade. She looks like such a teenager with that mini skirt! And check out that pose!
White Zom-Brie Burger, anyone? Check out more of Andrade’s work at www.sandradeillustration.com/home.html.
Have a happy and safe Halloween!
If I’m not mistaken all the college students in the U.S. from the spring class of 2015 have graduated, as well as the majority of grade school students here in New York. I’ve been seeing a few students still travelling around in their caps and gowns during the last few days of June, so graduation season is dwindling down.
I’ve never decorated any of my graduation caps, but I’ve seen some pretty cool ones during ceremonies. I found this lovely Tina Belcher-inspired graduation cap on the Bob’s Burgers Tumblr. I can imagine how awesome it was for fans of the show to see that cap in the crowd!
Congratulations to the class of 2015, especially all you smart, strong, educated women! The women who fought for your right to get an education would be so proud of your achievements. I know Tina Belcher sure is proud!
See the original here.