I know, I know, it’s already August but it is never too late in the summer for a playlist!
Summer 2022 is shaping up to be all kinds of dramatic, so, with inspiration from the Harry Styles/John Mayer concoction that is “Cinema”, I present to you a Cinematic Mid-Summer 2022 playlist.
For all the over-dramatic summer moments you have and have yet to experience…
1. Cinema, Harry Styles. My Vecna song this summer.
2. Sunroof, Nicky Youre & dazy. The soundtrack to your “hands raised up in the wind on the highway in a convertible” moment.
3. Frida Kahlo, LION BABE. Hoping your summer isn’t filled with Anna Delvys (IYKYK).
4. Blank Space, Taylor Swift. The 1950s housewife anthem.
5. telepatía, Kali Uchis. While you’re miles away from your true love…
6. Hot Mess, Ashley Tisdale. Not all messes are unsexy 😉
7. Alejandro, Lady Gaga. For your classic international romance.
8. Vegas, Doja Cat. A literal movie song about a dramatic man sung by a very dramatic woman.
9. Hollywood, Jonas Brothers. “Reminisce on memories ‘cuz we’re gone.”
10. Chemicals, SG Lewis. Out on the dance floor, anything goes this summer.
11. Lost in Yesterday, Tame Impala. Deja-vu.
12. So Many Details, Toro y Moi. When someone turns your “life into something [you] can’t describe.”
13. PATTERNS (ft. Sara Diamond), NASAYA. For those summer nights when you’re standing alone, looking up at the sky, trying (and failing) to not get too deep.
14. SUMMER RENAISSANCE, Beyoncé. It’s about time for one.
15. Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God), Kate Bush. It would not be right to end this playlist without the most cinematic television song of the summer.
Have a happy and safe rest of the summer!