June was a mix of mourning and adventure.
We lost two great figures, one from the fashion world (Kate Spade) and another from the food industry (Anthony Bourdain). This really made everyone wake up and realize that mental health is a serious issue plaguing our society.
There were, though, a few amazing things that happened in June. Let’s rewind my favorites in pop culture and entertainment last month:
Favorite News Articles
1. WE ARE ALL FURIOUS FACTIOUS POT WASHERS. Thank you, The Cut, for calling me out on my inherent nature to get pissed off about and mull over nonsense.
2. John Legend is not having it with this child separation situation. So don’t dare ask him about Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ dinners. You won’t like the answer.
3. Saudi women are now licensed to drive! Or, rather, can now obtain a license to drive. Either way, it’s about damned time!
4. An overdue congratulations is in order for Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson. I think they’ll be fine if they get comfortable in their engagement for a year and a half or so.
1. “TV in the Morning” by DNCE. Ugh, yes please. So smooth, so right.