Oh. Em. Gee. It’s. May. Like, two weeks into May already and I’m just getting a chance to sit down to write this April Favorites post.
I have been so busy and so exhausted. Every time I told myself I would get this post done I’d end up falling asleep.
Anyway, April had some interesting comedic value and great music (I only hold back on the music section this month because I’m hella busy)!
Here we go:
Favorite News Articles
1. Melania Trump’s white hat. Because we couldn’t resist making memes out of this ensemble. #MelaniasHatForPrez
2. Yodeling Kid. Mason Ramsey made it to Coachella, y’all. And he put out a single. WHAT?! Crank. Da. Club. Remixes.
3. Royal baby number three is finally here and has a name. Welcome, Louis Arthur Charles.
4. University of Utah’s cry closet. Where was this when I was at Bard slowly dying from finals week?
1. “Limbo” by Robotaki feat. SHOR. That synth melody takes me to another universe. Love the vocals from SHOR combined with Robotaki’s synth genius!
2. “South” by Galimatias. I swear if this boy doesn’t bring his falsetto to NYC soon I might die.
Jennifer Lopez stepped out in New York with a green smoothie in hand and some sassy sequined sweatpants, reminding us all that March is here and we need to go back to our regular workout in time for bikini season.
She went gray from head to toe with a gray pullover hoodie and Timberland boots, sporting an athleisure look.
This look can easily be done with sneakers instead of boots if you want to look stylish at the gym or during a run. Below are the Timberland boots she wore (marked with *) and some items similar to the original pieces.
1. Active Faith, $45.00
2. RVCA, $35.20
3. Yoins, $23.95
4. Lulu’s, $132.00
5. Echo Club House, $46.50
6. Zappos, $170.00 *
ABC hosted three hours of non-stop, top-notch entertainment on Sunday evening at the American Music Awards show.
So. Much. Talent!
Every performer did such an amazing job that it was so hard to pick five favorites. So I chose six instead.
As usual, the ladies rocked our socks off with their chart topping hits. The guys did an okay job, but, girl power!
Here are my six favorite AMA 2014 perfomances:
1. Taylor Swift, “Blank Space”
Was that real fire?!
2. Sam Smith, “Only One” ft. ASAP Rocky
This song gets me every time! *sniffles*
3. Lorde, “Yellow Flicker Beat”
That lipstick smudge though!
4. Selena Gomez, “The Heart Wants What it Wants”
So emotional. Props for holding it together, girl.
5. Nicki Minaj ft. Skylar Grey, “Bed of Lies”
Beautiful ballad. Didn’t know she had it in her!
6. Jennifer Lopez “Booty” ft. Iggy Azalea
It wouldn’t have been much of a finale without the booty.
New York Fashion week brought a night of hot models, amazing performances and bootyliciousness to the Fashion Rocks event at Barclay’s Center on Tuesday.
The show was hosted by Ryan Seacrest, who looked absolutely dapper in a suit and blue bow tie.
The evening began with the very anti-climatic entrance of Usher, introduced by a pre-taped motorcycle ride through NYC. He proceeded to perform “She Came to Give It to You” with some help from Jourdan Dunn who looked stunning!
The rest of the performances failed to disappoint. Here are some of the night’s highlights:
1. Pitbull’s Gatsby-esque performance of “Fireball.” It’s always a party with Pitbull.
2. When Ryan Seacrest stood with a group of gorgeous models.
3. Enrique Iglesias’ performance with Sean Paul.
4. JLo’s “Booty.” WOW.
5. When JLo started giving Nicki Minaj the look during her “Anaconda” performance. #BootyWars
6. When Justin Bieber stripped down to his underwear and the audience booed him.
7. Rita Ora grabbing a male model’s butt. And then wished she could follow him off stage.
8. Latrice Royale. ‘Nuff said.
What did you think of all the craziness that happened during the show?
Enjoy Mercedes Benz Fall Fashion Week 2014!