Oh. Em. Gee. It’s. May. Like, two weeks into May already and I’m just getting a chance to sit down to write this April Favorites post.
I have been so busy and so exhausted. Every time I told myself I would get this post done I’d end up falling asleep.
Anyway, April had some interesting comedic value and great music (I only hold back on the music section this month because I’m hella busy)!
Here we go:
Favorite News Articles
1. Melania Trump’s white hat. Because we couldn’t resist making memes out of this ensemble. #MelaniasHatForPrez
2. Yodeling Kid. Mason Ramsey made it to Coachella, y’all. And he put out a single. WHAT?! Crank. Da. Club. Remixes.
3. Royal baby number three is finally here and has a name. Welcome, Louis Arthur Charles.
4. University of Utah’s cry closet. Where was this when I was at Bard slowly dying from finals week?
1. “Limbo” by Robotaki feat. SHOR. That synth melody takes me to another universe. Love the vocals from SHOR combined with Robotaki’s synth genius!
2. “South” by Galimatias. I swear if this boy doesn’t bring his falsetto to NYC soon I might die.
Summer is supposedly here, but I’ve somehow gone back to wearing my spring jacket.
Get it together, Mother Nature!
May is a special month for me, seeing that it’s my birthday month and all, so I decided to do this month’s favorites in a podcast!
Enjoy! Here are the links, photos, and videos I talk about in the podcast:
Favorite News Articles
1. The Sprouse Twins graduated from NYU! (Also, watch the Gawker interview with Dylan Sprouse).
2. Rebel Wilson’s got some explaining to.
3. Richard Prince is selling Instagrams for $90,000.
4. Ed Sheeran is the royal baby.
5. The Mindy Project is soon to be a Hulu original!
1. “Beautiful Now” by Zedd feat. Jon Bellion.
2. “The Sea” by Parov Stellar.
3. “Haunt/A Light” by Seoul.
4. “Annie” by Neon Indian.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Younger, “Sk8.”
2. The Grace Helbig Show, “Lance Bass, James Corden, Hannah Hart, Naha Armády.”
Favorite YouTube Videos
Let me know if you guys like the podcast format of monthly favorites! Happy June!
As many of you know, the royal baby’s family portraits leaked three hours early via Twitter. Apparently not even the royals can control the internet.
Or Snooki’s mouth for that matter.
After seeing the beautiful family portraits, one with just Kate, William, and George, and another with the family plus dogs Tilly and Lupo, Snooki decided to gush over them on her Celebuzz blog:
“Congrats to Will and Kate on their beautiful baby boy George! He totally looks like his daddy here, and I can already tell he’s going to be the cutest royal baby ever!!! And can I just say how fricken AMAZING Kate looks?! Like why is she perfect?! She just gave birth and she looks like she’s ready to walk the runway.
“She is my inspiration for my next pregnancy! So obsessed with this family and cannot wait to hear more about them! We all know they will be amazing parents to their precious nugget! I’m just waiting to hear the dirty poop and pee stories!!! Kisses to you guys, and Kate….you’re a MILF.”
Leave it to Snooki to go over the top with her compliments.
A simple, “and Kate…you look gorgeous” or “…stunning”, or “…SEXY” even would have done.
But no. MILF just had to be her word of choice.
Gotta give the girl some props for managing to be relevant in the revealing of these portraits, though.
Prince George Alexander Louis was born a mere 18 days ago, and he has already been offered a role in a British soap opera.
What a lucky baby boy.
John Whiston, the creative director of the show Coronation Street, told The Daily Star that he wanted the royal baby to join the cast, Prince William and Kate included.
“It would be fantastic to get Kate [Middleton], [Prince] William and George there with a pair of tiny baby scissors,” he said.
Georgie just recently got his birth certificate for crying out loud! He hasn’t even been christened yet and they’re already trying to cast him in a television show?
Coronation Street is the longest running British soap opera, so I can see how it would be an honor for the cast to work alongside the royal family.
If the family decides to take the role, they will not be the first Duke and Dutchess to appear on the show. The Duke of Bedford, John Ian Robert Russell appeared in Episode 1288 (21st May 1973) and Episode 1289 (23rd May 1973).
So is a television role in the cards for little Prince George?
North West, be jealous.