Oh. Em. Gee. It’s. May. Like, two weeks into May already and I’m just getting a chance to sit down to write this April Favorites post.
I have been so busy and so exhausted. Every time I told myself I would get this post done I’d end up falling asleep.
Anyway, April had some interesting comedic value and great music (I only hold back on the music section this month because I’m hella busy)!
Here we go:
Favorite News Articles
1. Melania Trump’s white hat. Because we couldn’t resist making memes out of this ensemble. #MelaniasHatForPrez
3. Royal baby number three is finally here and has a name. Welcome, Louis Arthur Charles.
4. University of Utah’s cry closet. Where was this when I was at Bard slowly dying from finals week?
1. “Limbo” by Robotaki feat. SHOR. That synth melody takes me to another universe. Love the vocals from SHOR combined with Robotaki’s synth genius!
2. “South” by Galimatias. I swear if this boy doesn’t bring his falsetto to NYC soon I might die.
3. “Killer” by Coleman Hell. This whole “strip tease in reverse” thing would be a great idea for a music video. Just sayin.’
4. “Where Your Heart Goes” by Uppermost feat. SMYL. I’m feeling all the feels with this one. Gosh, those are some heart wrenching lyrics!
5. “Everybody Hates Me” (Linn Remix) by The Chainsmokers feat. Linn. Just because you asked so sweetly and eagerly, Linn, I’ll be that friend you want to drink tequila with. Just lemme know when and where.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a daddy! Tiana Gina is so precious.
Skin to skin. Our mana. Blessed and proud to bring another strong girl into this world. Tiana Gia Johnson came into this world like a force of nature and Mama @laurenhashianofficial labored and delivered like a true rockstar. I was raised and surrounded by strong, loving women all my life, but after participating in baby Tia’s delivery, it’s hard to express the new level of love, respect and admiration I have for @laurenhashianofficial and all mamas and women out there. Word to the wise gentlemen, it’s critical to be by your lady’s head when she’s delivering, being as supportive as you can.. holding hands, holding legs, whatever you can do. But, if you really want to understand the single most powerful and primal moment life will ever offer – watch your child being born. Its a life changer and the respect and admiration you have for a woman, will forever be boundless. And to my third and youngest daughter, Tiana Gia – like I did when your two older sisters Simone Alexandra and Jasmine Lia were born, you have my word, I’ll love, protect, guide and make ya laugh for the rest of my life. Your crazy dad has many responsibilities and wears many hats in this big ol’ world, but being your dad will always be the one I’m most proud to wear. Oh and one more thing.. you’re gonna love rollin’ in daddy’s pick up truck. #TianaGiaJohnson🌺 #3rdDaughter #BlessesAndGratefulMan #ImInTROUBLE
2. Lilly Singh in traditional attire. YAAAASSS. Werk.
3. Chip Gaines fangirling over Joanna’s new cookbook in the crowd on the Today show. Hubby of the year, right here.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Suits, “Good-Bye.” I approve of the way they handled Rachel and Mike’s departure. Can’t wait to see how Harvey and Donna fare now that they’re kind of like empty nesters!
2. Lucifer, “All Hands on Decker.” This just confirmed my desire to not have a bachelorette party.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Jennifer Lopez’s “El Anillo” music video. As soon as I saw Miguel Ángel Silvestre from Sense8 I lost it.
2. Janelle Monae’s Dirty Computer Emotion Picture. Beautifully done. So much important subject matter is touched upon throughout the album/film in terms of issues we’re currently facing in America.
3. Liza Koshy’s ASMR vlogging. I can get used to this.
It’s already May, so none of that JT stuff.