Oh. Em. Gee. It’s. May. Like, two weeks into May already and I’m just getting a chance to sit down to write this April Favorites post.
I have been so busy and so exhausted. Every time I told myself I would get this post done I’d end up falling asleep.
Anyway, April had some interesting comedic value and great music (I only hold back on the music section this month because I’m hella busy)!
Here we go:
Favorite News Articles
1. Melania Trump’s white hat. Because we couldn’t resist making memes out of this ensemble. #MelaniasHatForPrez
2. Yodeling Kid. Mason Ramsey made it to Coachella, y’all. And he put out a single. WHAT?! Crank. Da. Club. Remixes.
3. Royal baby number three is finally here and has a name. Welcome, Louis Arthur Charles.
4. University of Utah’s cry closet. Where was this when I was at Bard slowly dying from finals week?
1. “Limbo” by Robotaki feat. SHOR. That synth melody takes me to another universe. Love the vocals from SHOR combined with Robotaki’s synth genius!
2. “South” by Galimatias. I swear if this boy doesn’t bring his falsetto to NYC soon I might die.
My buddy Sauani (you may have read about her in my ceramics post) invited me to play Holi at Hofstra today. I had a blast, got really dirty and in between all the fun I managed to get some footage of the event. The Holi Festival of Colors was held in the intramural fields on the North side of campus from noon until about 3pm this Saturday April 6th, 2013.
Holi is a religious spring festival observed by Hindus. It is called the Festival of Colors because you basically throw Holi colors (dyed powder) and water at your friends. It’s so much fun! Although, at one point they started throwing Pepsi, but I don’t think that’s part of the tradition so I politely scooted over and out of the war zone whilst that ensued. The festival originated from the Hindu Legend of Holika and Prahlad. Click here to read the legend.
Enjoy some of the pictures I took while getting Holi color thrown all over me!