Wardrobe Wednesdays will return next week!
November 2017 was an emotional roller coaster. I went from dancing around my room to the month’s most danceable tunes to nearly bawling my eyes out over season finales. It’s no wonder that it took me this long to sit down and gather all my favorites in pop culture in entertainment for this post.
Let’s get to it:
Favorite News Articles
1. The deets on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding. Don’t mine me, I’ll just be here waiting for the specific date in May 2018 so I can set an alarm to catch this on television from across the pond.
2. Moschino’s dry cleaning bag dress. I can already see the Halloween costumes that will come of this.
3. You can now hide away in an 8-foot scarf this winter. You know you’re a New Yorker when all you can think about is how difficult it would be to take this off on a packed and extremely warm train.
4. Cards Against Humanity Saves America. Literally. Have fun trying to build that wall, President Trump.
1. “Pyor” by Darius. BRB, letting the enchanting instrumentals of this track keep me sane until the end of 2017.
2. “Mirage” by Satin Jackets. I’m dying to know who is singing the vocals on this because I really want to delve into their solo work if they have any!
Gallery Mondays will return next week!
The Neighbourhood put out a new song this week called “Scary Love”!
“Scary Love” is part of the band’s upcoming EP To Imagine. It features some pretty high pitched synths, making it sound as scary as the title suggests. When I first heard it today, Jesse Rutherford’s vocals kind of scared me when he sang the opening line “Move to the city with me” in a screeching yet beautiful falsetto.
I’m used to the somber R&B feel of their music but I could definitely get used to a few hair-raising synths 😉
In honor of the release of “Scary Love”, I decided to scour the internet for some fan art of The Neighbourhood. I found this really fun cartoon of the band on Pinterest. It’s not signed at the bottom so I have no idea who created it.
I find it very interesting how the artist decided to give the band members a clown blush look on their cheeks, since The Neighbourhood seems like a serious bunch of guys. Gotta love juxtapositions!
Who said fall was strictly for leaves?
Model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was spotted this week at LAX rocking the most amazing pair of velvet ankle booties I’ve ever seen! The velvet booties were black with a vibrant floral print. She paired the boots with a cozy white wrap coat and a black designer tote bag.
I don’t know what it is about velvet this season, but these boots are to die for! I love how the red rose just pops against the black background mixed with the green and blue plant prints.
Sadly, the original boots are sold out (not surprising!) but see below for a few similar options, as well as other pieces inspired by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s look!
1. ASOS, $88.50
3. Romwe, $99.99 (currently on sale for $33.99)
5. Nordstrom, $2,990.00 *
Original items marked by *
I saw another one of URBANIMAL’s creations on a truck near my job one evening a couple of months ago. I love seeing these unexpectedly pop up on trucks in NYC.
This truck happened to be an AI Moving Express truck, and the art on it was both subtle and vibrant at the same time. It features a man in grayscale in a sort of portrait style surrounded by fish on either side of him along with a few UFOs overhead.
Looking at these little fishies in the graffiti reminded me that their waters are going to turn to ice soon, as winter is approaching
As you may have heard, Meghan Markle is engaged to Prince Harry. You may have also heard that Meghan Markle has retired from acting in lieu of the aforementioned fact. I’m only happy with one half of this equation, but let’s not dwell on the negative here.
I’m so freaking happy for the both if them! They’re a super cute couple, and you better believe I’m gonna wake up hella early on the day of their wedding in May 2018 t watch it broadcast on TV!
In congratulations, I’ve decided to feature Meghan Markle for this week’s Fan Art Fridays. This sketch by yaoskaxx I found on Deviant Art features Meghan Markle with a super fierce smolder.
I cannot wait for May 2018!