Well, now that we’re back to having competent human beings running the US government, news will be boring on the politics side of things (just the way I like it). There is no shortage of exciting pop culture news to recap for the month of January, though, and all of my favorite shows are back on TV, so let’s get to it!
Here are my faves in pop culture and entertainment for the first month of 2021!
Favorite News Articles
1. Jennifer Lopez’s Inauguration Day performance. Love that she spoke some Spanish during her rendition of “This Land Is Your Land” and “America the Beautiful.”
2. Michelle Obama’s Inauguration Day outfit. If I could afford just the jacket part of this glorious ensemble I would totally buy.
3. The Bernie Sit meme generator. Truly the perfect vibe for these times.
4. The women who secured the ballot boxes during the Capitol riots. Give them a Medal of Freedom.
5. There’s a 7-Eleven Airbnb in Dallas. And it’s only $11/night?!
1. “Safeword” by Rhye. Starting the new year out right with a whole new album from Rhye!
2. “Fever (Feder Remix)” by Dua Lipa ft. Angèle. Groovy af.
3. “nite swim” by Luna Shadows. Counting down the days to her new album release.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Alyssa Lauren got some sexy new highlights. She different.
2. Rhett McLaughlin did a Jason Mamoa cosplay for his wife’s birthday. Whoever helped him plan this did a phenomenal job.
3. Emma Roberts and Rhodes Robert Hedlund. Maternity looks good on her.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. 9-1-1: Lone Star, “Back in the Saddle.” Gina Torres, Lisa Edelstein and a 5G conspiracy theorist shooting arrows at cell towers. Amazing season premiere.
2. Grown-ish, “Hard Place.” Interested to see how Javi and Ana handle this relationship as the season continues!
3. The Good Doctor, “The Uncertainty Principle.” It was very profound to think about the choices you’d make if you had to live with them for 1,000 years.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Kalen Allen’s reaction to the SpaghettiOs pie. My heart goes out to the family member’s she feeds this to.
2. Sarah Baska shares some things she found in her teenage closet. I don’t understand the story lines of these AIM stories she wrote but Ashley’s mom is killing me.
3. Weylie’s solo trip to Joshua Tree. Maybe when I finally get my license this year I can try one of these solo trips in Upstate NY.
Here’s to feeling a bit more normal in 2021!