I think August was by far the hardest month of 2019. While the month may be over, the fight against gun violence is far from.
And now, a look at the light-hearted pop-culture and entertainment items that kept me going during August 2019.
(P.S. The Monthly Favorites podcast will be on hiatus until at least January 2020 while I revamp it!)
Favorite News Articles
1. The petition to rename the street outside of Trump Tower Obama Ave.
2. Black Panther 2 is coming in 2022 (so far away)!
3. Rosa Parks and Sally Ride Barbie dolls are the newest additions to the Mattel universe.
1. “Warm” by Charli XCX ft. Haim
2. “Bags” by Clairo
3. “Lions” by Wild Front
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Marzia and Pewdiepie got married!
2. White Sea (Morgan Kibby) dyed her hair blonde!
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Suits, “If the Shoe Fits.” So good to see Mike Ross again!
2. Pearson, “The Former City Attorney.” More Harvey cameos, please.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Little Women trailer.
2. Jenna Marbles is bringing back ALL the ’90s accessories.
3. Arden Rose’s fitness journey.
4. Scarlet Takes a Tumble gets music meme-ified.
Autumn is coming.
I must say, 2016 didn’t end completely horribly after all.
I mean, yeah, Mariah Carey got the last of it during the final minutes of 2016 at the Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Party on live television, but that’s over and done with now. New year, new fiascos.
Let’s take a look back at all the awesome things that went down in the world of pop culture and entertainment for the month of December 2016.
Favorite News Articles
1. Nordtrom sold a rock in a pouch for $85. And it actually sold out. /facepalm
2. Furry nails became a thing during the holidays. Must have been fun feeling like the Grinch is giving you a shower every morning…
3. Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year is green. Kermit the Frog green. Evil Kermit memes, anyone?
1. “Baretta Lake” by Teflon Sega ft. SAINt JHN. Sounds a bit like Night Beds, and I love it!
Almost exactly a year ago, PewDiePie (Felix Kjellberg) found this digital drawing a fan named Sofia made of him and his girlfriend CutiePieMarzia (Marzia Bisognin).
They look so real it’s scary!
Some fans commented that Marzia looks like a Disney princess (which she does, indeed). Sofia managed to get her eyebrows just right!
Marzia and Felix are on my list of favorite YouTuber couples that have been together for a very long time. Like, if they were to break up the world would end.
This Friday is the last Friday that falls during NaNoWriMo, so here’s your last fan fiction story. It’s an alternate version of how Felix and Marzia first met.
Enjoy, and watch a layer by layer presentation of how Sofia made the fan art!