The Month of Love was quite lovely, and I’m so sad it ended so quickly. Ugh, why does February have to be so short?!
Pop culture brought us a few really insane/cute romantic news stories and some eargasmic tunes (my ears are still ringing well into March 2018, guys).
Let’s take a look at my favorites for February 2018:
Favorite News Articles
1. People are proposing out of avocados. They’re calling them avoboxes. (WHY.)
2. The Obamas revealed their portraits. Simply stunning. Also, is anyone else seeing Sasha when they look at Michelle’s?
3. That awks moment when Bekah from The Bachelor supposedly went missing. My parents would probably file a missing person’s report too if I didn’t answer their calls and texts within 24 hours, tbh.
1. “Midnight Summer Jam” by Justin Timberlake. Basically the “Let the Groove Get In” equivalent on this new album. I cannot get enough!
The cold wasted no time making an appearance at the end of October. Like, I know I was complaining that it was still summer during the first few days of fall, but jeez!
Anyway, the month of October 2017 had a mix of fun music and pop culture news coupled with a few terrible events. Monthly Favorites on The Whisper Box only focuses on the former, so let’s leave all the bad stuff behind.
Here are my favorites for the month of October!
Favorite News Articles
1. The Obamas might be moving to NYC’s Upper East Side. They say third time’s the charm, and this is the second report stating they may end up living in NYC…
2. Barbados is naming a street after Rihanna. I bet she’s gonna rev up her engine and cruise on down Rihanna Drive blasting “Drive” because, why not?
3. Balenciaga’s platform heel crocks. What is fashion anymore?
4. This woman checked her horse in at a Kentucky hotel. Was no one concerned that the horse might accidentally cause damages to the room?!
5. Lupita Nyong’o’s NYT piece on Harvey Weinstein. I’m glad spoke up about this, even if she was able to avoid this disgusting bastard’s advances. He got what he deserved 10 times over.
1. “No Captain” by Lane 8 ft. POLIÇA. Something happened to my heart when I heard this song for the first time.
2. “Should I” by Phoebe Ryan. Loving the Motown vibe mixed with ’80s electropop on this track! Continue reading
It’s days like today when I begin to dread the end of Obama’s second term as President.
Michelle Obama graced the stage at Glamour’s Day of the Girl 2016 event in a super casually elegant black floral print dress. I cannot get over how amazing that slanted hemline looks on her.
Ladies, if you’re interested in stealing this look for work, check out the dresses linked below (original dress marked with *).
1. Walmart, $39.99
2. mytheresa.com, $1,750.00 *
I can’t believe his term is almost over!
Yesterday, August 4th, President Barack Obama turned 55! He’s getting gray but he still looks pretty good for 55.
Over on Elite Daily there’s a story about this little girl who cried about the fact that Obama’s term is ending. I feel her.
There’s also this hilarious video of Joe Biden and Obama. It’s great. I’m really going to miss them both when January 2017 rolls around.
Check out this really cool dollar bill with some fan art of Obama on it. Can these get printed once his term is over? I’d like to keep one for my collection.