January 2018 was rough.
I feel as though a lot of the music that came out in January was very nostalgic, more so than usual. It’s as if everyone is longing to go back to a simpler time. Thankfully we can, just not for longer than the length of your favorite nostalgic tunes (and the stretch of your imagination).
Let’s take a look at some of the things in pop culture and entertainment that made January 2018 a little less rough:
Favorite News Articles
1. A New Jersey couple got married in a bathroom. Because the
show wedding must go on.
2. There might be a Jonas Brothers reunion?! Be still my 13-year-old fangirling, beating heart.
3. CVS bans makeup brands from Photoshopping makeup ads. I love it when CVS takes initiative on things like this.
4. The A train is finally getting a revamp. Thank you, MTA, for finally rewarding this tri-borough train with a well deserved new look. I think some other trains are also getting upgraded…
5. RIP Rosie the Riveter. You will be missed, but never forgotten as a symbol for fierce, hard-working women.
1. “Song for You” by Rhye. I am a new fan. Perfect track for Valentine’s Day this month.
2. “Stay Here” by Henry Green. He always knows how to break me down with those somber melodies, man.
3. “The Good Side” by Troye Sivan. Troye went all folk on us!
4. Cause for Concern, De Lux. Loving the old-school Beetles-esque vibes on this track.
5. “Tension (Interlude)” by BØRNS. Blue Madonna as a whole is a great album, but this interlude definitely made it for me.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Viola Davis getting all done up for Jimmy Kimmel. I love her hair like this so much!
2. Lupita Nyong’o at the Black Panther premiere. SLAY.
3. Chrissy Teigen on a girls weekend in Upstate New York. Look at that baby bump ❤
4. JLo modeling some socks. Forget the socks, man. Look at that sweater and that hair!
Favorite TV Episodes
1. The Good Doctor, “Islands Pt. 2”. That kiss was well waited for, and now I have to wait until they write a trip to see Lea into the show sometime in the (hopefully) near future.
2. grown-ish, “If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late.” At what point did her thumbs decide not to tell her brain that she was sending waayyyyy too many text messages?!
3. Alone Together, “Pilot”. I love how awkward Esther is. It’s so cute it’s painful.
4. Bob’s Burgers, “V is for Valentine-detta”. Gotta love the way this episode begins. Also, Louise’s makeover had me screaming throughout the whole thing.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Nick Jonas on BBC Radio 1’s Heart Rate Monitor. Teenage me remembers that Selena Gomez incident. So cringey. Ugh.
2. Bath With Liza. Just when you thought she couldn’t act anymore crazy…
3. Maddie Ziegler does a clothing line haul. If I were a bit younger, I’d totally look into buying some of these.
The month of lovey-dovey is here.