August 2015 will go down in history as the month of the heart-wrenching cliffhanger season finales.
Between the Suits, Pretty Little Liars, and Devious Maids season finales, I can’t tell who won. Did all the screenwriters of the world band together to plan this?!
Anyway, no podcast for this month (sorry, I was too busy adulting), but here’s a list of my August favorites:
Favorite News Articles
1. Autocorrect gives a 21-year-old a “Wee Blind Girl” birthday cake. Oops?
2. Adele’s next album is coming soon! GAH so excited! My ears are ready!
3. Snake people. What even…
1. “I Give It” by Night Beds. I think I’ve listened to this song (and the majority of the other songs on Ivywild) like a million times this month.
2. “Slumlord” by Neon Indian. This song is totally making me want to go see him live when he comes to NYC in October.
3. “Never Be” by Meg Mac. Here ye, here ye, we have found the Australian Adele.
4. “Gimmie Love” by Carly Rae Jepsen. Who would have thought that the sweet innocent “Call Me Maybe” girl would be singing songs like this a few years later?
5. “In The Night” by The Weeknd. I’m really loving his new Micheal Jackson-esque style.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Selena Gomez snoozing during the Wonder Magazine shoot.
2. Captain Morgan meets Chrissy Teigen.
3. Peanut butter hair, featuring Rhett and Link…
4. Liam Hemsworth’s first Instagram happens to be with Miss Piggy. This is definitely a major step up from Kermit the frog!
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Suits, “Faith.” EVERYONE IS RESIGNING AND OMJ MIKE. CANNOT. GO. TO. PRISON.
2. Pretty Little Liars, “Game Over, Charles.” Um, who the heck did Alison marry after the 5 year jump?
3. Devious Maids, “Anatomy of a Murder.” So like, can everyone not die next season?
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Taylor Swift’s “Wildest Dreams” music video was everything I’ve ever hoped for and more. Also, can I have that yellow dress?
2. Apparently everyone in France hates Marcus. Poor guy.
3. Troye Sivan’s WILD is going to be freaking amazing. Cannot. Wait.
Leave a Reply