I am forever in debt to 1iota.com and MTV.
I’m still dreaming guys. I really am. If I could give you a minute by minute play by play I would, but I’m still dreaming.
I’m in limbo…
Ok, in all seriousness, here is what I wore. There are no pictures of my Gatsby style attire on my body because I was rushing to get out of the house. So here is the look in layout form.
That’s right. I wore my Fergie heels. So when DJ Cassidy played “The Time” by Black Eyed Peas, I couldn’t help but sing “I got freaky, freaky, baby…”
Yes. I was THAT girl in the pits. I knew the words to almost every song. I had so much room to dance!
However, I only think I had that much room because my other pit party members were afraid of me…
So I rush to the BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music), and there are a billion and one lines to get in for pit priority.
Lovely, we’re all being punked.
No, no, rest assured, a 1iota t-shirt wearing man told us all: “THIS IS NOT THE VMAS.”
I show them my ID and my priority ticket. They said my name wrong a few times, but that’s cool. I’m not Fergie Duhamel or anything so my reps won’t be on your case.
Blue priority wrist band is now on. Things are getting real.
This is the ceiling at BAM guys. Look at it.
So now 1iota is trying to get us over to Barclay’s safely.
But wait. This is the VMAS guys. So of course there’s a barricade with thousands of screaming fans at Fulton!
Mind you, I’m running across streets and trying not to die. IN HEELS.
Alright, I’m convinced. Fast forward through security and now, I get choked up and almost start to cry as I walk past the MTV equipment, and the lights, and, OMJ guys I don’t even know guys. It was so freaking amazing.
Now I’m standing in heels trying to help 1iota fix cameras and stuff. We were basically doing the electric slide for about 30 minutes.
Yeah. A whole bunch of young adults dancing the electric slide on a floor they can’t even believe they’re standing on. Sure.
Oh, and to the girl with the electronic cigarette in the pits during all this shenanigans:
Thank you for almost getting us all kicked out.
So the rest you all saw on television. Of course, I saw some completely different things but here are a few highlights.
Highlights: (IN SOMEWHAT PARTICULAR ORDER)
1. Lady Gaga’s performance: We all knew it would be awesome. Trust me, it was. Cue the “Applause.”
2. Bubble Butt was on stage with Miley Cyrus. What is life.
3. Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” performance. More on that later.
4. Kanye West. Those shadows? THE FANS IN THE PIT!!
5. Bruno Mars. Three gunshots and fire! Lovely! Trying to give me a heart-attack?!!
6. I had three Brits in my midst. Ellie Goulding sitting on Rita Ora’s lap, and Mister Ed Sheeran to their left. I’m still in limbo.
7. KATY PERRY. BROOKLYN BRIDGE. PRISM TRUCK. I think I saw her in my left eye wearing a lace white dress? Again, still fuzzy. “Roar.”
8. Justin Timberlake’s performance. 15 minutes. I danced like I’ve never danced before.
9. NSYNC REUNION.
10. Justin Timberlake sang to me the life of every young girl’s sloppy romance, and then has the nerve to say he doesn’t deserve Video Vanguard?!
My Favorite Performance:
“Blurred Lines”: Robin Thicke
He pulled blue gum out of that dancer’s mouth and ate it. SEXY.
Well played Mr. Business Man. Well played.
Here are some of the pics I took after the show. And a short video.
THE WHISPER BOX LOVES 1iota!!