New York City was the place to be last night for the biggest of the New Year’s Eve festivities.
Over in Times Square Ryan Seacrest and Jenny McCarthy hosted while Fergie held the fort down in Hollywood. Partiers at the Miami Fountainbleu had a good time with host Parrell Williams dancing the night away.
The performances were an absolute blast to watch. I could not contain myself in my little blanket while I sat and watched from the couch.
1. (Live from Hollywood) Ariana Grande and Mac Miller, “The Way”: Of course, Ariana’s voice was perfection, Mac Miller looked like a creeper, and Ariana looked adorbs (and so tiny). I can’t seem to figure out her corset dress, though. I think they tried to make a skirt out of leftover silver Christmas bows and failed miserably.
2. (Live from Times Square) Icona Pop, “All Night/Just Another Night/ I Don’t Care”: Great performance of their hit single “I Don’t Care.” The crowd definitely got warm while jumping to that one. I loved their statement necklaces.
3. (Live from Hollywood) Enrique Iglesias, “I Like It”: The guitar rocker elements of the instrumentation worked well in his favor. Back in Times Square, Jenny McCarthy said, ” perder el muchacho camisa.” She wanted Enrique to take GIS shirt off. She clearly messed up that translation! “Oh yeah. I took Spanish in high school,” she continued. Sure.
4. (Live from Hollywood) Jennifer Hudson, “I Can’t Describe (How I Feel)”: Two things were on point, her body and her dancers!
5. (Live from Hollywood) Capital Cities, “Holiday” (Madonna Cover): Capital Cities put an 80s electropop spin on Madonna’s “Holiday.” I loved their matching outfits. And that trumpet player is freaking phenomenal.
6. (Live from Fountainbleu Miami) Pitbull, “Don’t Stop the Party/Sube las Manos Pa Arriba/ Timber”: Pitbull started the Miami party with one hell of a performance. Not sure why he was wearing motor gloves in the Miami heat though. The Brazilian themed festival-like vibe of “Sube Las Manos Pa Arriba” looked so fun as the crowd waved their Brazilian flags back and forth. The dancers were shaking their hips like an earthquake for “Timber.”
7. (Live from Times Square) Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, “Thrift Shop/ Can’t Hold Us”: Macklemore gave the crowd a little thrift shop treat when he threw both of his red sneakers into the crowd. He even trusted the audience during his “Can’t Hold Us” crowd surf.
8. (Live from Hollywood) Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines”: All the good girls danced their selves senseless when Robin Thicke performed “Blurred Lines” in a black vintage print suit. He was so chill, standing in the crowd for some of the performance.
9. (Live from Times Square) Miley Cyrus, “#GetItRight/Wrecking Ball”: The moment we’d all been waiting for. Miley Cyrus and the Sexy Sexies took the stage in Times Square 20 minutes before the ball dropped. The temperature dropped as well, forcing Miley to wear a fur coat on top of her fold glitter sequined outfit. She got emotional during “Wrecking Ball” remembering the hell of a year 2013 was for her.
I hope you all enjoyed your New Year’s, and have an amazing 2014!!