Another year has passed us by, the end-of-year celebrations have come and gone, and now, it is time for December favorites.
I promise to get this up by the 10th of every month. This is the latest I’ll ever post them. Please, find it in your hearts to realize that I was basking in the somewhat sad realization that I am now a responsible adult after graduating last month.
Here are my favorites in pop culture news, music, celeb Instagrams, TV and YouTube videos for the month of December 2014:
Favorite News Articles
1. Wreath Witherspoon. Mindy is a pop culture genius. I might consider making one of these for Christmas 2015.
2. Manspreading. It’s a male epidemic in the NYC subway system. So happy this is being addressed, even comedically.
3. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is married. Congrats, man. Such great news to start the new year!
4. Misheard lyrics of 2014. Buzzfeed nailed it with the 2014 lists. How did anyone hear number 7?!
5. Korean Air nut rage. Talk about spoiled brat…
1. “Earned It” by The Weeknd. Oh. My. Gosh. I am so in love with this song, and I can’t wait to hear the rest of the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack!
2. “Riptide – Original Mix” by NTEIBINT feat. Birsen. This song is a weird juxtaposition between dark, melancholy vocals and bright bell-sounding synth.
3. “Handful of Gold” by Chela. Can we have a full length album this year, Chela? Please?
4. “Simple Science – Todd Osborn Remix” by Zero 7. This remix is brilliant.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Ellie angel. Can I have that dress?!
2. Ian Harding eats…DOG? No, Ian. Dogs are a man’s best friend, not his food.
3. Holiday class, Dorsey style. These two are adorbs.
4. Meghan Camarena and Joey Graceffa’s vintage drama shoot. You’ve gotta check out the rest of these on the Strawburry17 Facebook page.
Favorite TV Episodes
1. The Mindy Project “Christmas.” Those interviews Mindy got for that reel she made for Danny were amazing. She should consider taking a few video journalism classes at Stanford while she’s there!
2. Pretty Little Liars “How the ‘A’ Stole Christmas.” I’m really suspicious of Detective Holbrook. I’ll even go out on a limb and say that I think he killed Mona.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Flashmob Wedding. Stressful wedding plans aborted.
2. Link’s High School Gym Bag. I can’t believe Link kept that breakup letter. I wonder if she watches Good Mythical Morning…
3. Mike Falzone gives advice to a woman who’s been cheated on. For sunbathing. To hell with the cheaters.
Hope your 2014 was awesome! Happy 2015!