Of course my neck would hurt and my head would start to pound on the last day of this God-forsaken year when I’m scheduled to recap the songs, artists and albums that kept us all sane in 2020.
Anyway, I’m powering through this with the help of Tylenol and eggnog.
Truly, music is the MVP this year. I’m amazed at how many artists followed through on their releases and then some (looking at you, T-Swizzle).
So without further ado, I present 2020’s Best in Music:
1. “Nydia,” Buscabulla, Regresa. Started out the year with these enchantingly addicting vocals.
2. “Sinner,” Galimatias, Renaissance Boy. This boy better get his behind on tour as soon as its safe to do so again.
3. “Pure / Santiago,” Lido, Peder. This year’s pleasant surprise for sure.
4. “Is It True,” Tame Impala, The Slow Rush. I feel like Tame Impala knew how 2020 was gonna go before it even started.
5. “Midnight Sky,” Miley Cyrus, Plastic Hearts. I can get used to this rock and roll phase.
6. invisible string, Taylor Swift, folklore. Back on that Taylor Swift train.
7. “Mission,” Qveen Herby, EP 9. Eat cake, stream spoopy Qveen.
8. “WATER (ft. Pharrell Williams, Salatiel),” Beyoncé, The Lion King: The Gift (Deluxe Edition). So glad this was re-released with Black is King!
9. “Back Up,” Aluna, Renaissance. AlunaGeorge WHO?!
10. “Easy”, Troye Sivan, In A Dream. So proud of this kid.
11. “Spark It Up,” LEISURE, Side A. Not even a global pandemic can rob this band of their chill.
12. “Supersonic”, Fleurie, Portals (The Deluxe Version). Excited to watch Fleurie continue to grow as an artist.
13. “Oakland (ft. Winnetka Bowling League),” RAC, BOY. Lord knows we all needed this RAC album this year.
14. “Babe Ruth,” COIN, Dreamland. The calm before the chaos.
15. “Dance Again,” Selena Gomez, Rare. “Feels so good” indeed.
See you on the other side 😉🎉
Leave a Reply