Before we begin this October Favorites post:
IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE AND HAVE NOT YET DONE SO, KINDLY DROP EVERYTHING NOW AND GO TO YOUR POLLING PLACE. YES, IT’S THAT SERIOUS. GO FREAKING VOTE. LIKE, NOW. THANK YOU.
With that out of the way, let’s just jump right into my favorites in pop culture and entertainment for October 2018.
Favorite News Articles
1. Reese’s set up a candy converter in NYC for all of your unwanted treats. Goodbye, Necco wafers.
2. Netflix is developing a TV series and new films for The Chronicles of Narnia! My binge-watching chair is ready.
3. Meghan Markle is pregnant. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were not kidding when they said they wanted to have children right away!
4. David Schwimmer’s doppelganger is a thief. #ItWasntRoss
1. “Panoramic Girl” by Young the Giant. Strangely, this beautiful ballad is the only song I really like from their new album.
2. NYLA by Fancy Feelings / Animal Feelings ft. Anya Marina. Thanks for reminding me that at this time of year I’d rather be in LA for a mild autumn.
3. “PTSD” by Stalking Gia. Don’t we all wish we could “only remember the beautiful things”?
4. Comfort Me by Urban Cone. Thank you, Urban Cone for comforting us “one more time” before your farewell 😥
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Congrats to Hilary Duff and Matthew Koma on the birth of their daughter! Banks Violet Bair is probably the most normal celeb baby name we’ll get this year.
2. Elvy Yost reminding us to vote as a vintage 1889 damsel. Yeah, can we not vote us back to the 19th century, guys?
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Alex Baldwin Show, “Robert De Niro; Taraji P. Henson.” The story Alec tells Robert DeNiro about Danny Aiello and Betty Becall will forever be ingrained in my memory because of those amazing cartoon sketches.
2. How to Get Away With Murder, “Whose Blood is That?” Anyone else loving Tegan’s sassy Spanish outbursts this season? I nearly died when she sees Laurel and goes “No me digas.”
3. The Good Doctor “Carrots.” Who would have thought that all it takes to get Glassy out of bed is a pretty smile from Debbie?
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Charli XCX & Troye Sivan’s “1999” music video. I’ve been crushed by waves of intense nostalgia.
2. Mike Falzone’s infamous spider video gets animated. “Why are you coming a little bit closer, do you think?”
3. LaurDIY’s 2018 Halloween costume ideas. The struggle to recreate “God is a Woman” as Ariana Grande in that tub was so worth it.
Thanksgiving is coming.