Is it just me, or was February kind of intense?
If anything, I think February 2017 takes the cake as the month where every TV show plot line spun out of control. I thought we were supposed to be saving the whole coming “in like a lion and out like a lamb” thing until March …
Anyway, here are my faves in pop culture and entertainment for February 2017.
Favorite News Articles
1. The Voice drama. I bet Gwen will actually end up sleeping on the couch at some point this season.
2. There’s an orangutan at a Danish zoo choosing a mate from an iPad. Safe to say online dating isn’t limited to homo sapiens anymore …
1. “Heavy” by Powers. Those instrumental bits in the chorus are making me beg for summer.
2. “Touch” by Fenech-Soler. Bring on the light funk.
3. “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers feat. Coldplay. Such an unlikely collab, but I find it intriguing.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
Yep, Oscars 2017 fashion took over my February Instagram faves!
1. Viola Davis in Armani. I love how she’s owning those draped sleeves with her bold shoulders!
2. Taraji Henson gave us all deja vu with a dress reminiscent of Lady Gaga at the 2016 Golden Globes. Minus the side hoops (and some intense neck bling).
3. Leslie Mann channeling Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Zac Posen + slow-mo for the win!
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Suits, “Teeth, Nose, Teeth.” I mean, did Louis really think that Harvey would give him an answer he would like?
2. Bates Motel, “Dark Paradise.” I love how the vintage feel of this show has tripled for season 5.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Katy Perry’s “Chained to the Rhythm” music video featuring Skip Marley. Okay, Google, show me direcions to this ’50s wonderland.
2. James Corden comments on that Oscars 2017 Best Picture mistake. Fast forward to the part about the facial reactions.