Honestly, I’ve had it with this girl.
Every time Lindsay Lohan gets into trouble with the law, she always escapes punishment by the skin of her teeth. It just isn’t fair. Listen to me rant about this here.
Clearly Lohan is on a downward spiral. According to Celebuzz, she has spent 86% of her life since her 18th birthday on probation. That’s more than half of her adult life, and she’s only 26! From DUI’s to car crashes, Lindsay Lohan has found herself caught up in various misdemeanors, each time managing to obtain a light court sentence.
Let’s take a trip down memory lane, shall we?
Drinking and Driving Cases:
– In February 2005, a couple (Eddie Pamilton and Ilex Harris) filed a personal injury suit against Lohan for a car accident. She also crashed her car into a van later that year due to high levels of intoxication.
– In July 2007 Lohan was arrested for driving under the influence. She was charged with not one but seven misdemeanor counts from two DUI arrests. She faced a day in prison, rehab and three years of probation.
– Lohan was arrested in September 2012 for a suspected hit and run in while trying to park her Porsche Cayenne near the Dream Hotel. The man who claimed she hit his knee dropped the charges.
– In November 2012 Lohan slammed her Porsche into the back of an 18-wheeler while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway. She was charged for lying to the police about who was behind the wheel during the accident. Adding to this drama, her lawyer, Mark Heller, might lose his license for convincing Gavin Doyle to lie about being the driver during this incident.
– Lohan was also arrested for drug possession the day she was arrested for the DUI in July 2007.
– After violating her probation and missing a court hearing in July 2010, Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 90 days in jail and 90 days in rehab. However, she was released from rehab after 21 days.
– Her probation was revoked in September 2010 after failing a court-ordered drug test. She was issued a bench warrant for arrest.
– After failing to complete community service in 2011, Lohan was sentenced to 30 days in community jail.
– Lohan was charged for stealing a necklace from a store in Venice, California back in February 2011. She was sentenced to 120 days in jail.
– In November 2012 she was arrested for assault at a Chelsea night-club.
If the average Joe had committed just one of the above felonies, he’d probably be in jail, with no hope of getting out anytime soon.
But not Lindsay. If Lady Justice is so blind, then why does she keep seeing her as a celebrity who should be given lenient court sentences?
It’s hard to even feel sorry for this girl, because she doesn’t seem to care about the fact that she’s been breaking the law constantly for the past six years. For her recent car crash misdemeanor, she arrived at her court hearing on Monday 45 minutes late because she blew off her flight from New York to Los Angeles to party with her friends.
If I were the judge, I’d send her AND her little party friends into the slammer. Why? Because clearly she doesn’t care about going to court to sort everything out and her friends don’t seem to be a good influence on her either!
To top it off, Lilo decides to go clubbing just hours after her court sentence of 90 days in residential treatment. She escapes jail yet again, so she goes to celebrate. Aren’t her celebrations the reason for half of her court sentences?
I don’t know if Lindsay will ever learn her lesson, but if the courts keep letting her off the hook with just a little relaxation time in the pool at whatever lavish rehab center, she will continue to find herself face to face with the judge. The court needs to stop being so lenient with Lilo. If the original decision was to send her to jail, then behind bars she should go. No pleas or bargains accepted.
Check out this hilarious article from Starcrush on Lindsay’s Trial in GIF format: http://starcrush.com/lindsay-lohan-trial-gifs/