Okay, so I know I always joke about the saying that goes “March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb,” but this year it legitimately did.
The beginning of the month was so rough, especially with all the non-stop snow storms. I could not deal. I don’t think I’ve ever been more annoyed with my life than I was at the start of March. Things mellowed out around March 20th or so, which was nice.
March brought some harsh realities to light in the pop culture and entertainment world, and rightfully so. Let’s take a look my faves for March 2018:
Favorite News Articles
1. The Bachelor‘s Arie gets banned from Minnesota. Damn straight. He deserves it after what he did to Becca.
2. #MarchforOurLives. Thank you, Pope Francis, for encouraging the youth to continue fighting to end gun violence.
3. “Shero” Barbies! I want one of each, please!
4. Chrissy Teigen brings an emotional support casserole on a plane. Brb, bookmarking this recipe for later.
1. “Rotation” by Fickle Friends. Now THIS is what I call feel-good music! This band sounds like Great Goof Fine OK and Haim had a baby. OMJ. I so want to see these guys in concert!
2. “Figure A” by Tim Atlas. So old school funk I can’t handle it. Ah. Maze. Balls.
3. “Something” by Henry Green. I’ll definitely succumb.
4. “Hold Us Down” by Fyfe ft. Iskra Strings. My love for the violin just tripled.
5. “Alone” by Halsey ft. Big Sean & Stefflon Don. This song was already great and these two featured artists just made the party even greater.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Darren Criss looking Oscar party-ready. Velvet blazers for life.
2. Mindy Kaling and BJ Novak’s Vanity Fair Oscar Party shoot. Guys, like, for real, if he’s not Katherine’s father I might die. These two are PERFECT.
3. #WakandaProm. MY HEART IS EXPLODING WITH HAPPINESS.
4. Miley Cyrus, the Marilyn Monroe-esque Easter bunny. Was this intentional?
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Lucifer, “Orange is the New Maze.” So like, I’m not Team Pierce or anything, but the way his face lights up when he’s around Chloe is just adorbs.
2. Scandal, “Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself. A well done crossover. Olivia and Annalise actually make a pretty good team when they’re not fighting.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Animal Feelings’ “Pain Au Chocolate” featuring Thief lyric video. Disco forever.
2. Chloe x Halle’s The Kids Are Alright film. Step aside, Lemonade.
3. Amber Mark’s “Love Me Right” music video. ALL. THE. FEELS. YAASSS.
4. On minimalism with Loepsie. I never sat down to really think about this, but she makes some really good points.
April showers, though.