So this is going up a week after winter officially started because the last few days were too warm to actually feel like winter. Up until, like, yesterday.
This year’s winter playlist was curated for those cozy moments where you just want to relax and curl up with a good book. I hereby present to you the 2015 Winter Chill Playlist—17 songs for what is probably going to be a long winter since it’s already a week behind…
1. The Boy (Spada Radio Edit), Emma Louise. Let’s start this playlist with something to warm up your cold little limbs.
2. Cirrus, Bonobo. What a melancholic delight this song is.
3. Moonrise, Zimmer. Such are the cries of winter.
4. You There, Aquilo. Time for a little bit of winter mourning.
5. Seance of Light, Jape. The soft ‘oooh’s throughout this tune are sure to relax your stirring mind.
6. Landslide, Oh Wonder. This landslide will most definitely not be bringing you down.
7. White Smoke (feat. Marina Price), Manatee Commune. Bask in the glory of winter relaxation.
8. Slow, Henry Green. Because winter can be painfully slow…
9. Corner, Night Beds. Don’t hide out in the corner all winter.
10. Divine Sorrow, Barfalk. Let’s not have the synth infused vocals on this track make us too sorrowful now.
11. Cocoa Hooves, Glass Animals. Pair this one with a cup of hot cocoa (hold the hooves) and your good to go!
12. Heartless, Kanye. “Cold as the winter wind when it breeze, yo.”
13. Snowbird, Aris Kindt. I can just imagine a bird shaking off the snow to the sound of this.
14. Out Alee, Hundred Waters. Those piano chords are sure to send chills up and down your spine.
15. Better, William Fitzsimmons. “Relaaaaaaaaax.”
16. Dawn, James Booth. Doesn’t this one make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
17. Cloud Generator, Tycho. This one is the soundtrack for the long stretch of time that passes as you wait by the window for the clouds to generate snow.
Leave a Reply