The end of the year is approaching, and the frigid cold weather is coming. It’s time to gather around the fireplace with some peppermint hot chocolate! The wintertime makes for great snuggle weather, so while you’re getting all cozy, here are twelve songs to make you feel warm and fuzzy.
1. Lighting Strike, Snow Patrol: If you’re planning to drift off to sleep, this sixteen minute song is all you’ll need. The track is split into three parts: “What If This Storm Ends,” ‘The Sunlight Through the Flags,” and “Daybreak.” Part three of the song might bring you to tears with its soft vocals and heartwarming guitar rifts.
Part 1: “What If This Storm Ends”
Part 2: “The Sunlight Through the Flags”
Part 3: “Daybreak”
2. If You Want to be Used, I Am Apollo: This song is the anthem of the vulnerable. Let it remind you not to fall into just anyone’s arms to escape the cold this winter.
3. Freedom, Emma Louise: The soft synth beat of Emma Louise’s “Freedom” might make you want to get up and dance the cold out.
4. Impossible, Anberlin: Another anthem of the vulnerable, yet this one is about giving in. Anberlin knows what it’s like to feel their “teeth clench” and their “hands shake” during the winter.
5. Siberia, LIGHTS: This is the perfect song to cuddle with your special someone. The lyrics are especially cute, as LIGHTS sings “No matter where we are / Or which way the wind blows / Or how heavy the snow / Nothing can change where we will go.” There’s also a really cute acoustic version here.
6. Northern Lights, Cider Sky: The Aurora Borealis looks amazing at this time of year, so if you live in a place where they’re visible, take some time to admire them. And for those of you who can’t see them at all, let this song give you an idea of how beautiful they are.
7. The Saltwater Room, Owl City ft. Breanne Düren: We’ll all be singing along with Owl City as he sings, “I was feeling the night grow old / And you were looking so cold / Like an introvert, / I drew my over shirt / Around my arms and began to shiver violently before.” This extremely romantic song features the sweet voice of Breanne Düren.
8. Everything You’re Not, Demi Lovato: The bell sounds in the intro of this track will get you in the holiday spirit. And let Demi’s sass power you through this winter.
9. Back to December, Taylor Swift: It’s that time of year again to reminisce on what we once have, and what we’ve lost.
10. Conspiracy, Paramore: Yes, mother nature, explain this conspiracy of cold weather you’ve plotted against us.
11. Rowboat, Emily Haines: This song is especially sad, with its melancholy trumpet and piano melody. Don’t be a rowboat left in the rain this winter!
12. Canvas, Imogen Heap: Maybe we should all take Imogen Heap’s advice when she says, “The more you look the less you see, so close your eyes and start to breathe.” The winter might breeze by faster that way. And let’s all thank God that we don’t have to haul a black canvas through a winter storm.
- Back to December
- Breanne Düren
- Cider Sky
- Demi Lovato
- Emily Haines
- Emma Louise
- Everything You're Not
- I Am Apollo
- If You Want to be Used
- Imogen Heap
- Lighting Strike
- Northern Lights
- Owl City
- peppermint hot chocolate
- Snow Patrol
- Sunlight Through the Flags
- Taylor Swift
- The Saltwater Room
- What If This Storm Ends