So, this winter playlist is going to get a little weird.
I’ve been toying with the idea of making a playlist of songs named after people for a while. The only season it really fit in, to me, is winter.
You know how in movies there’s sometimes a girl in the forest during the winter shouting someone’s name into the void, hoping she’ll hear a response echoing back? That’s the kind of vibe I wanted to capture with this playlist.
Enjoy the 12 songs on this winter 2016-17 playlist!
1. Josephine (Alfa Mist Remix), RITUAL ft. Lisa Hannigan. Some serious sensuality going down right here.
2. Virginia Wolf, mAsis. For those lonely winter nights when you just want to be alone.
3. Genghis Khan, Miike Snow. Jealousy, anyone?
4. For Elise, Saint Motel. “You need a spark, a light in the dark, to get you out of your head and into your heart.”
5. Sweet Ophelia, Zella Day. Time for some deep reflection.
6. Stephen, Kesha. You better call her, Stephen. None of that 72 hours nonsense.
7. Roman, Housse de Raket. “What have you done?”
8. Ramona, Night Beds. This one’s easy on the ears.
9. Geronimo, Sheppard. I don’t recommend you jump into the waterfall. It’s cold, and that’s dangerous.
10. Jenny, the bird and the bee. “Where are you, Jenny? Don’t you know that I am calling on the telephone?”
11. Hey Maria, Klangkarussel. Here’s a cool little foot-tapping number.
12. Randy, Justice. “Get yourself together.”
Stay warm this winter!
Leave a Reply