Today marks the 237th birthday of the United States.
It’s time to celebrate!
We’ve come a long way since 1776.
It’s a shame though, that the founding fathers didn’t have a soundtrack to go along with their signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Or did they?
In any case, here a few patriotic songs to listen to as you celebrate your independence in America, the land of the free.
1. The American Dream, Allstar Weekend: Because we all believe in the dream, don’t we? This song celebrates the fact that in America, it doesn’t matter who you are and where you’re from, you can make it in this world if you have the dream.
2. Party in the USA, Miley Cyrus: Every Fourth of July since 1776 has been a party, so let Miley remind you to live it up!
3. Made in the USA, Demi Lovato: Anything that has been fabricated here in the US has special meaning, so why not celebrate love as well as independence with this song from Demi’s new album?
4. Americano, Lady Gaga: Think about how hard the soldiers fought when Gaga sings “I will fight for, I have fought for how I love you.” And go a little gaga for America.
5. The Star-Spangled Banner, Frances Scott Key: At some point during the day, you’ve got to remember the national anthem. It’s only right.
Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!
- Allstar Weekend
- Declaration of Independence
- Demi Lovato
- founding fathers
- Fourth of July
- Francis Scott Key
- Independence Day
- Lady Gaga
- Made in the USA
- Miley Cyrus
- Party in the USA
- Star Spangled-Banner
- The American Dream