It’s that time of the year again!
Even though the last two years have been nothing but hell, music got many of us through it all. Let’s pay homage to some of my favorite songs, albums, and artists of 2021:
1. “Surprise Surprise”, Andrew Belle, Nightshade. It is no secret that my obsession with Andrew Belle multiplied tenfold this year.
2. “Oh My God”, Adele, 30. I forgot how versatile her voice truly is.
3. “Need to Know”, Doja Cat, Planet Her. All hail Queen Doja.
4. “Starlight (Taylor’s Version)”, Taylor Swift, Red (Taylor’s Version). I feel like I’m a teenager again hearing these songs.
5. “Abracadabra”, Qveen Herby, Halloqveen. Magic.
6. “New Light”, John Mayer, Sob Rock. A classic.
7. “Feels Right,” Roosevelt, Polydans. Indeed, it does.
8. “Lost Cause”, Aly & AJ, a touch of the beat gets you up on your feet gets you out and then into the sun. Hoping 2022 isn’t a lost cause like the last two years.
9. “Animal”, Kye Kye, Arya. KYE KYE IS BACK!
10. “Die for You (ft. Dominic Fike)”, Justin Bieber, Justice. He’s still got it.
11. “Softly,” Amber Mark, Softly. I need to see her live in concert soon.
12. “Pink Noise”, Laura Mvula, Pink Noise. Issa party!
Have a happy and safe New Year!
Leave a Reply