It’s the end of 2017, so I put myself to the arduous task of compiling a list of the year’s best in music again. I was just as selective this year as I was in 2016, so the list below only contains 15 songs/artists/albums. I’m becoming very good at this.
Anyway, let’s not waste any time. Here are my favorite songs, artists, and albums of 2017!
1. “Feels” ft. Pharell Williams, Katy Perry, Big Sean, Calvin Harris, Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1. You heard Katy, “don’t be afraid.”
2. “Hurt Nobody”, Andrew Belle, Dive Deep. I think this one takes number one in my heart for best love song of 2017 to slow dance to.
3. “Observer” Darius, Utopia. Darius is a genius and Utopia goes to extreme lengths to prove it.
4. “For a Ride”, NOVAA, Lo, Lights. What a fantastic duo. I would so love to see these two work together again in 2018.
5. “Plastic Rose” Maroon 5, Red Pill Blues. Well, if it’s plastic, doesn’t it mean the love will never die?
6. “Saw You In A Dream”, The Japanese House, Saw You In A Dream. This is the best single I’ve ever heard from The Japanese House. So much emotion in those lyrics.
7. “Depths” ft. Animal Feelings, Mammals, Chase Your Bliss. I kept hearing Mammals as a featured artist on a bunch of songs I love. It’s great to see the roles reversed on this EP. Animal Feelings brought good vibes.
8. “High Off Love” Cannons, Night Drive. Cannons is such glamorously smooth chillwave and I can’t get enough.
9. “Human Touch” ft. Maya Vic, KAPPEKOFF, Kappekoff. If you know me well enough, you’ll understand why the intro to this song gets me every time.
10. “Told You So”, Paramore, After Laughter. Paramore made such a fun comeback in 2017! I love Hayley’s new hair too!
11. “Night Time TV” Fenech-Soler, ZILLA. Can you imagine how fun these guys must be in concert? Like, woah, buddy!
12. “Just a Feeling” ft. VERITÉ, Phantoms, Phantoms. This song has followed me to various stores after I heard this album, and I’m not even mad though. VERITÉ’s voice is a vision.
13. “Malibu 1992”, COIN, How Will You Know If You Never Try. So retro, so somber, so good.
14. “Disguise”, Day Wave, The Days We Had. Prom dance anyone? Also, I am proud to say I own this on vinyl!
15. “Plea Rel”, Canon Blue, Lasso Yo. If he’s saying what I think he’s saying in this song this dude must have had a rough year. Welcome back, Canon Blue.
Happy New Year’s Eve!