*I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
A new season, a new Influenster VoxBox!
Before I left NYC for Austin this month, my Glam VoxBox from Influenster arrived at my house. Except, the mailman stuck it in between the two garbage pails on the patio instead of ringing the doorbell and handing it to me like he’s supposed to.
Anyway, this Glam VoxBox came with some awesome goodies for me to pamper myself with. I got a lovely Gillette Venus Swirl Razor, Olay Violet Swirl shaving gel, Q-tips cotton rounds, Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak dry shampoo, three Shea Moisture face products, and Cutex nail polish remover pads.
So let’s get reviewing!
1. Gillette Venus Swirl Razor. I’m totally hype about this razor! I’ve used disposable Venus razors before, so I’m really looking forward to my first shave of the spring season. The only con to this razor is the price of the cartridges. The cost about $20 for four replacement heads! I almost wish Influenster had sent me a pack of cartridges instead of shaving gel!
2. Olay Violet Swirl Shaving Gel. I’ve only ever used shaving cream, and lately Irish Spring soap because the thickness of the cream makes shaving my legs take twice as long. However, I did try the gel with a disposable razor on one patch of my leg and it did a pretty good job. See below for a picture of the gel’s consistency. I’m not jazzed about the hand soap smell, though.
3. Q-tips Cotton Rounds. As a child I used cotton rounds for things like removing makeup with astringent or nail polish. They’re way better than cotton balls so I’m happy.
4. Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak. I’m very disappointed with this product. I’ve been wanting to try dry shampoo for so long and my excitement was wasted on Not Your Mother’s. It’s unscented, so my hair still smells like it hasn’t been washed for three days. My hair also still feels oily and itchy. Ugh.
5. Shea Moisture Face Products. I’ve heard amazing things about Shea Moisture’s hair products, so I had high expectations for these face packets. I got a facial wash & scrub, anti-aging moisturizer and an anti-aging facial mask. All three packets contain frankincense and myrth. Although I’m not particularly fond of those scents, the anti-aging mask goes on clear and isn’t strongly fragrant. My face has been breaking out like crazy, so maybe this will help it relax.
6. Cutex Nail Polish Remover Pads. I’ve been wearing nail strips again so I didn’t get to try these, but I’m sure they’re super convenient. I always make a mess when I accidentally knock over the bottle nail polish remover. Thank. You. Cutex.
By far, my favorites in this Glam Voxbox are the Gillette Venus Swirl Razor and the Shea Moisture face products. Off to pamper myself!
Leave a Reply