Last night, the MTV VMAs in Inglewood, California at The Forum was the place to be.
The night was filled with some serious hip shaking, booty twirling, crying, and pools of sweat from your favorite artists in pop, hip-hop, and R&B.
There was even a wardrobe malfunction. MTV needs to plan better for these last minute outfit changes between performances! Jeez!
If you missed the show, here are the top five VMA performances of the evening:
1. Opening performances (Triple Threat Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and Jessie J): Oh, how the world wished that Nicki would just let the black dress fall open!
2. Taylor Swift, “Shake It Off”: I love how she rethinks jumping off the platform. Precious.
3. 5SOS, “Amnesia”: Not a fan of them or anything, but the sound really great live.
4. Maroon 5, “Maps”: Wondering where they are? Outdoor bandshell, baby!
Full performance here.
5. Beyonce Medley (Video Vanguard Performance): As predicted, it was flawless.