With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, many of you will be getting cards for your special someone, friends and/or family members. What better way to personalize a card than a handwritten quote?! Here are a few love quotes that can be used for just about anyone during this celebration of love:
1. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
– 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version Bible)
For those of you who are of the Catholic or Christian religion, these verses are perfect for friends, family, and even a boyfriend or girlfriend. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 explains the Christian view of love. Even if you’re not religious, these verses speak volumes.
2. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche
It’s true that love can drive you mad. You would do the craziest, most out of this world thing(s) for the people that you love, and there will always be a reason for it. This quote is perfect for friends, spouses, and girlfriends or boyfriends.
3. “L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore.”
– Nat King Cole
This little acrostic lyric is from Nat King Cole’s song “L-O-V-E”. It’s perfect for those old fashioned couples that love the 60s. The song has also been recorded in Italian, French, Spanish, German and Japanese!!
4. “…we accept the love we think we deserve.”
– Bill from The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This quote will definitely make you think. What love really is it that you think you deserve? This quote was originally told to Charlie by his English teacher Bill in the 1999 novel The Perks of Being a Wallflower. This quote is perfect for just about anyone.
5. “…if you find someone you love in life, you must hang onto it, and look after it, and if you were lucky enough to find someone who loved you, then you must protect it.”
– Princess Diana of Wales
This quote is quite famous. Princess Diana said these words to her son William when he was a young boy. I remember watching Prince William and Kate Middleton get married on television that morning and one of the reporters recited the quote. It’s simply beautiful. This quote also works for anyone.
6. “…always hold on when you get love,
So you can let go when you give it.”
– Stars, “Hold on When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It”
This quote is from the Indie Rock song by the band Stars called “Hold on When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It”. It’s such a simple concept, but such a hard thing to do. This quote is perfect for a spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend.
7. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”
– Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī
This very emotionally heavy quote comes from the Muslim theologian, poet and mystic Rūmī. To believe that your soulmate lives somewhere within you all your life is simply euphoric. This quote is one of my favorite for Valentine’s Day couples. It’s so romantic!
So don’t worry if you don’t have a Valentine this year. There are plenty of other people in your life that you can express your love and gratitude to using some of these awesome quotes!
Have a happy and safe Valentine’s Day 2013!