Music junkie that I am, I decided to check out my year in music using Spotify. The results were curated in a pretty cool infographic, which included data about my most played artists, songs, playlists and more using the data collected from the listening habits on my Spotify account.
It was quite the education lesson, I’d say. Here are six things I learned.
1. Apparently I’m into a genre called “Metropolis.” Um, that’s a thing in music-land?
2. I played the daylights out of RAC, Young the Giant’s Mind Over Matter and Goldroom’s Endless Summer playlist. My ears affirm this algorithmic discovery.
3. I don’t know how Prince managed to sneak into my fall listening cycle… #ThisShouldntBeUsButHePlayin’
4. “I Should’ve Guessed” is like, the biggest eargasm in my Starred folder on Spotify. Literally music to my ears.
5. My music life was empty without Spotify Premium. Now I can listen on the subway all the time! (Until my three months for $0.99 is up in March :/)
Spotify also curated a playlist to drool over in 2015. Nothing really stood out to me on it, but I appreciated the opportunity to learn about some new artists!
Thank you for being a friend, Spotify. My ears are your biggest fans!
Rock out to my Play It Forward playlist in 2015:
View your #YearinMusic here.