About seven minutes into season 3 episode 1 of Orange is the New Black titled “Mother’s Day”, I had a WTF moment.
I did one of those double takes, because I really cannot believe Alex Vause managed to get herself back into Litchfield.
Okay, screenwriters and producers, I have some questions:
1. Why is it necessary to bring Alex Vause back into the plot? (besides the fact that it may have happened in the real life version of Piper Kerman’s story)
2. How much did it cost to bring Alex Vause’s character back? (Because Laura Prepon don’t look cheap…)
3. What is this about a gun being the reason she’s back at Litchfield?
4. When are you going to have her explain the reason for her return in full detail?
5. Are we going to get a tale about that black eye?
6. Did the black eye come from one of her long lost dealer friends?
7. Is there a small part of Alex that feels safer at Litchfield? (Because, you know, dealers with weapons are scary)
8. Is Piper going to fully reignite her romance with Alex since her husband has officially left her for her best friend?
9. Is Alex going to let her?
I really hope these questions get answers by the end of the season.
Watch Orange is the New Black season 3 on Netflix.
Leave a Reply