So I finally got to try Zumba this week, and it was great!
I honestly cannot wait to go back. It was that amazing.
Here are a few things general things I learned from taking my first Zumba class with instructor Yenny Barona:
1. People who attend the class rarely dress like this. Actually, no one in the class I went to was dressed like this. Not even the instructor…
2. There’s no practice round. You just watch and do. It’s not as bad as you think, though.
3. It’s nonstop dancing. No breaks. Song after song, you’ve got to keep moving or you’ll miss the steps!
4. You might not dance the Samba during your first session, but you will dance the salsa and merengue.
5. Be prepared to dance to well known hits like “Jump” by Flo Rida and “Booty” by Jennifer Lopez feat. Iggy Azalea. And then you’ll start moving to the choreography you learned every time you hear them thereafter!
6. You will feel SEXY. Major confidence boost!
7. I’m not even sore! Knock on wood. KNOCK. ON. WOOD.
Take me back to Zumba…