I don’t know how I survived for so long without my weekly dose of Dr. Mindy Lahiri.
The season 2 premiere of FOX’s The Mindy Project was full of awkward and hilarious moments. Just the way I like it!
The episode begins with a proposal by none other than our favorite New York City pastor, Casey.
Of course, right before the proposal, Mindy begins to realize there are ants in the tree they’re sitting in.
“Not exactly the segway I was looking for…,” Casey says as he digs for the ring and Mindy picks at the ants.
After he pulls out the ring Mindy gasps, saying, “Are you kidding?! I need to Vine this!”
Mind you they’re sitting in a tree in the middle of nowhere in Haiti.
That’s Mindy for ya.
This episode’s pleasant surprise was special guest James Franco, or, as they would call him at the practice, Dr. Paul Leotard.
Besides taking over Mindy’s position as OBGYN while she was away in Haiti, he also added something else to his job description:
Need I say more?
Dr. Castellano and his ex-wife seek sex therapy from Dr. Leotard in this episode.
Let’s just say it ended in a public announcement of Danny Castellano’s porn addiction and a laptop broken in half.
Other episode highlights include:
1. Dr. Jeremy Reed’s weight gain. The British bloke kept stealing the peanut butter bars from Mindy’s care packages. Needless to say, it all went to his stomach.
2. Mindy’s hair. It’s still short. I don’t like it. I’m glad they’re postponing the wedding so that it has time to grow in a bit.
3. When Casey accidentally pees on Mindy’s wedding dress. You’ll just have to see what happens after that yourself.
4. When Casey says to Mindy after she’s already halfway down the aisle, “I don’t want to marry you anymore.” Heart attacks. Heart attacks everywhere.
5. When Dr. Leotard (James Franco) sneaks up on Mindy. How does he tread so lightly? “I’m part Cherokee,” he says. Okay, then.
6. When Mindy decides not to go back to Haiti with Casey, and both Mindy and Dr. Leotard ask each other “Well, where you gonna work?”
I cannot wait to see what shenanigans Mindy will get herself into for next week’s episode!
Hulu Plus users, catch the episode here!
Leave a Reply