A part of me didn’t want to look back at January 2020 because it was SO HORRID, but now I realize that compiling my favorites for this post will allow me to remember some of the fun stuff that occurred throughout the month.
It can only get better from here, right?
January 2020 had no shortage of great music and music videos, which is getting me super excited for what the rest of the year has in store.
Without further rambles, enjoy my favorites in pop culture and entertainment for January 2020:
Favorite News Articles
1. The infamous champagne scene from The Bachelor season 24. I don’t even watch the show but when I heard about this scene I lost it.
2. The woman who answered the Popeye question incorrectly on Family Feud Canada got free food from Popeye’s. A savory non-victory.
3. Dunkaroos are coming back in summer 2020. Guess I’ll have to add a few more minutes to my exercise bike at the gym to compensate for all those additional calories come June.
1. “Simmer” by Hayley Williams. So glad she’s branching out of Paramore for some solo work!
2. “Yummy” by Justin Bieber. I got serious Journals vibes from this track.
3. “Vulnerable” by Selena Gomez. The monotone vocals in the verses get me every time.
4. “Time and Again” by The Human Kind. There’s something very nostalgic about this song.
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas being romantic as ever at the Golden Globes 2020.
2. Liza Koshy rocking animal print at the Grammy’s 2020.
3. Hair nostalgia with Marzia.
View this post on Instagram
Missing that Marzia 2015 hairstyle. I figured by now that I always fancy different hair. I've started dying it and bleaching it years ago, and although I really like my current short-ish blond hair, sometimes I miss my actual brown hair. So for now, I just got a brown wig for £20 off of Amazon 😛
Favorite TV Episodes
1. Blackish, “Kid Life Crisis.” I nearly fell off my couch laughing when Jack sneezed on the expensive eggs!
2. The Good Doctor, “Fractured.” It was crazy seeing Moises Arias (Rico from Hannah Montana) in this episode. Also, Kerry is definitely going to be one of the most memorable patients in this series.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Tame Impala’s music video for “Lost in Yesterday” is January 2020 in a nutshell.
2. The Jonas Brothers’ music video for “What A Man Gotta Do” made 13-year-old Dana scream all over again.
3. SNL’s “Slow” feat. Halsey and Adam Driver is painfully funny.
Month of Love incoming.