Alrighty, it’s about that time of year where I look back at the songs, artists, and albums that got me through the last 365 days.
I feel like all the artists in 2018 were putting in overtime (looking at you, Uppermost)! Like, damn! So many amazing musical projects came into fruition this year.
Here are the best in music for 2018:
1. “Midnight Summer Jam”, Justin Timberlake, Man of the Woods. Is it even possible for JT to make an album that isn’t good? I don’t think so.
2. “blazed”, Ariana Grande ft. Pharrell Williams, sweetner. Ariana killin’ it as usual, and Pharrel just adding some extra pizzaz.
3. “Count to Five”, Rhye, Blood. I could literally listen to Rhye until I die.
4. “Mona Lisa”, Sabrina Carpenter, Singular: Act I. What kind of person would leave a girl like Sabrina hanging like that?
5. “LA Girls”, Charlie Puth, Voicenotes. I’m not from LA, but Charlie kinda makes a girl wish she were.
6. “Crybaby” Paloma Faith, The Architect (Zeitgeist Edition). Thank you, Spotify Chromecast tutorial, for introducing me to Paloma Faith.
7. “Dreams”, Uppermost, Given by Nature. So enchanting.
8. “Atoms”, Uppermost ft. Birsen, Perseverance. When Uppermost does the most in 2018 😉
9. “Damn (what must a woman do)”, Christine and the Queens, Chris. Idk man. I just don’t. Sigh.
10. “I Want You”, Elohim, Elohim. You tell him like it is, girl.
11. “Couples Retreat”, Jon Bellion, Glory Sound Prep. I bet Jon’s wife melts like chocolate whenever she hears him sing.
12. “Ride or Die”, The Knocks ft. Foster the People, New York Narcotic. Such a feel good tune, and overall album.
13. “walk from here”, lovelytheband, finding it hard to smile. Those guitar chords get me every time.
14. “Towel”, The WLDLFE, I’m Not Worried Anymore. So glad I discovered these guys this year.
15. “When We Drive”, Death Cab for Cutie, Thank You for Today. Death Cab, hitting you with a big bag of emotions since 1997.
16. “All the Work”, Amber Mark, Conexão. Definitely want to see this girl perform live someday.
17. “Change Your Mind”, Miike Snow, 50 Shades Freed Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. What are we supposed to do now that all the films have been released and there are no more soundtracks coming?! 😥
18. “Glitter”, Keys n Krates ft. Ambré Perkins, Cura. Ugh, this album shines “like glitter.”
19. “Something”, Henry Green, Shift. Keep the slow jams coming, Henry.
20. “Happy Without Me”, Chloe x Halle ft. Joey Bada$$, The Kids Are Alright. Can’t wait to see what these girls put out next. So. Much. Talent!
Happy New Year 2019!