Spring 2018 finally decided to make its way to New York. Yeah, I know, I know, it’s technically already mid-spring. Mother Nature is such a diva.
And then she had the nerve to make it so hot during the first week of May that I couldn’t even walk three minutes to the train station without sweating under my moto jacket. Ugh.
Anyway, spring is shaping up to be quite beautiful this year, so I’ve created a fantasy wonderland-esque playlist for this season. I’ve thrown in some pop, indie darlings, and a dash of light EDM. Enjoy it on a long walk or a smooth drive:
1. Aiir, Henry Green. Starting this out with a breath of freshness. “Let the crisp air fill [your] lungs.”
2. Breeze Off the Pond, Justin Timberlake. Take a note from this Man of the Woods. “Let it blow through you.”
3. I’m Like a Bird, Nelly Furtado. Don’t you just want to fly away with the birds and company?
4. Daylight, Maroon 5. Soak up every beautiful ray of daylight this spring.
5. Sky’s Still Blue, Andrew Belle. For when there isn’t a cloud in sight.
6. Sky Full of Song, Florence + the Machine. “You’ve been staying out so late” and “kissing strangers” this spring, Florence? What now?
7. Blossom Roses, Her. Do you “recall the perfume of roses”?
8. Tame Birds, Canon Blue. This number will add a little groove to your spring. Catch it before it goes “vanishing in the air.”
9. Second Nature, Stalking Gia. “Loving you is second nature to me now, I can’t stop.”
10. Roses, Angus and Julia Stone. Will she bring you roses, Angus? I sure hope so.
11. Only the Horses, Scissor Sisters. “Only the horses can bring us back home.”
12. Rainbow, Kesha. After all this rain we better be seeing rainbows 😉
13. Natural Light, Porter Robinson. An illuminating symphony.
14. Neverland (Chilled Version), Tyler Touche. Let’s slow this to a halt with a little romantic chill from Neverland before the summer heat.
Be gentle, Mother Nature.