Model Martha Hunt was spotted in New York City a few days ago wearing the cutest little mini dress!
Her off-the-shoulder frock by FAITHFULL THE BRAND features red and white stripes, which literally scream hot summer days.
Ladies in NYC, take note of dresses like this for sweltering 90° days!
Below is the original dress (marked with *) and two others inspired by the look.
1. LuLu’s, $81.00 *
2. Macy’s, $40.99
3. Farfetch, $268.00
June 2017 had some interesting developments.
Can I just say how excited I am for this summer’s new music?! So many amazing singles, EPs, and full length albums have come out already and the summer is less than a month in!
Let’s take a look at my favorites in pop culture and entertainment for June 2017:
Favorite News Articles
1. Ken has a man bun. I’m not a huge fan of man buns but this is really a quite interesting hipster-like look for a doll.
2. Obama wore the same tux for his entire presidency. The things men can get away with.
3. This guy’s business card tho. I’d get hella excited if I’d received anything close to this cool at a networking event.
4. Al Sharpton’s gym selfies. Let the man live.
5. Designer cantaloupe. Walmart, what makes you think anyone would trust this when everyone and their mother wants to buy organic?
1. Mister Mellow by Washed Out. Can someone book Ernest Greene at Lincoln Center with an accompanying orchestra to perform this album live please? Thanks.
My friends and I checked out the rooftop at The Standard’s Le Bain during the long 4th of July weekend and came across some interesting artwork while heading up and down the stairs.
Decked out by artist Lady Aiko, Le Bain’s stairwell sets the tone of the venue, which is very risqué chic.
The section of stairwell art pictured above is one of the more PG portions, featuring one of Lady Aiko’s recurring characters. It focuses on the right side of a woman’s face as she closes her eyes with tears and pursed lips, tilting her countenance toward a butterfly and some flowers.
I love how 1950s this caricature looks. Her pointy nose is super sexy!
I wonder whose lips she’s preparing to kiss…
Learn more about the staircase art here.
Capital Cities duo Sebu Simonian and Ryan Merchant just made my Friday with the release of their new EP Swimming Pool Summer.
I was so caught off guard when I heard their voices coming through my headphones at the office while listening to Spotify’s New Music Friday!
The EP is super summery and upbeat. Long-time fans will not be disappointed.
In celebration, let’s enjoy this fan art I found on Twitter by Filipino Capital Cities fan @imnotjess. I love how vibrant and fun the colors are in this poster-like fan art. Perfectly matches the personality of the band!
View the original fan art here, and check out Swimming Pool Summer.
Actress Selma Blair was spotted in Los Angeles this week sporting a classy off-the-shoulder gingham top, reminding us all that it’s time to hit the parks for summer picnic season.
She paired the blue/black gingham with white capri pants and a gray leather weave handbag, keeping with the subtle neutral tone of the look.
Is it just me, or is the only thing missing here a pop of red lipstick?
See below for some items inspired by Selma Blair’s ensemble.
1. Charlotte Russe, $15.00
2. Nordstrom, $240.00
3. Lee, $21.99
4. REVOLVE, $119.00
5. Cole Haan, $206.98 (on sale with code SAVE)
6. Neiman Marcus, $3,400.00
Gallery Mondays will be back next week! Enjoy the archive here.
Happy Fourth of July!