I think this is the first time in a very long time that my monthly favorites are going up on the first day of the new month. I know, you don’t have to tell me—you’re so proud of me.
Is it me or was August 2016 kind of awesome?! Since there aren’t any holidays in August, it usually drags on but this year I didn’t feel it. Maybe it’s because I’m living in Manhattan now…
Anyway, here are my favorites in pop culture and entertainment for the month of August:
Favorite News Articles
1. RIP Gene Wilder. I’ll still never understand how one person could be so much coolness.
2. Pink dolphin. Um, somebody’s been getting too lucky in those waters…
3. Taylor Swift had jury duty. I actually never thought about the fact that celebs have to do that too. Wow.
4. Matt Damon’s man bun. Excuse me, what is this?!
1. “My Things” by Trails and Ways. It sucks that Hannah and Emma aren’t in the band anymore but they still sound good with the new female vocals!
2. “Shelter” by Madeon and Porter Robinson. I just absolutely adore that sentimental quivering violin at the end of the track. Freaking superb collab from those two!
3. “Dive Deep” by Andrew Belle. Gettin’ frisky there, Andrew!