The new year fails to disappoint in the realm of pop culture news.
I can honestly say that January has been a mix of fun, witty and extremely emotional news topics. I didn’t think this elastic heart of mine would make it till the end… (see what I did there).
Without further ado, here are my favorites in pop culture for the month of January:
Favorite News Articles
1. Once upon a time, Queen Elizabeth drove King Abdullah to absolute madness. Too bad women aren’t supposed to drive in Syria! Rest in peace, King Abdullah.
2. This guy photobombs stock images, and it’s awesome. Check him out on Tumblr.
3. Interview with Maddie Ziegler, the face of Sia. This girl is just freaking amazeballs.
4. Will Ferrell hit a cheerleader in the face with basketball. The cruelty.
5. Bratz dolls get a makeover. So weird seeing them as normal dolls!
1. “Peace of Mind” by Above and Beyond ft. Zoe Johnston. This is on my list of Above and Beyond faves for sure.
2. “Fourth of July” by Fall Out Boy. It’s a bit more rock than I’m used to, but I like it.
3. “Riot” by Mikky Ekko. Literally just found out he has an album out this month. Not too shabby.
4. “Boom Clap (Japanese Version)” by Charli XCX. When is the full version coming out?
Favorite Celeb Instagrams
1. On a park bench with Julia Stone. She looks good in nature.
2. Marina in blue. She is rockin’ that outfit!
3. Joshua and Colleen 4eva ❤. Love these two!
4. Dwntwn beauty. Those blonde waves are to die for.
5. T-Swizzle and Jack in the studio. Nerdy meets Platinum Blondie.
Favorite TV Episodes
Castle, “Private Eye Caramba.” Javi is such a fanboy!
The Mindy Project, “San Francisco Bae.” Lee Pace with a man ponytail. Enough said.
Favorite YouTube Videos
1. Elastic Heart featuring Shia Labouf and Maddie Ziegler. If you put this video in the context of their real lives it really makes you want to break down and cry. Especially with that heart-wrenching end scene!
2. PewDiePie’s Pledge. Can’t wait for the return of “Fridays with PewDiePie”!
3. Wreck It Wednesdays with Grav3yardgirl. So happy this is back!
4. Frozen bath with Thatcherjoe and Caspar Lee. That Winston Churchill question would have saved me.
Goodbye January, hello month of St. Valentine…